Segregated customer portfolio margin account?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by KZ Trading, Jun 16, 2011.

1. I saw this in a post about prop firms:

"segregated customer portfolio margin account with up to 6.67 to 1 leverage"

How do I get this account? Do they have it at IB?

Thanks,

KZ

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Lots of brokers offer it. IB, TOS, New EDGE, LEK, etc. This has been around for 4 or 5 years now.

3. Bowgett

Bowgett

$100k+ in IB account and you can request portfolio margin.

4. skk7963

skk7963

Which one of these offer the most leverage.

What are the costs at New Edge/LEK. Are they cheaper than IB ?
    -brokerage
    -interest rate

5. Occam

Occam

FYI, I don't think Newedge will take customers unless the opening account is at least $5 million. I think you can get much higher leverage from them at that level, though, as some regs no longer apply.

There are a number of others (intitutional or quasi-insititional) that may give very good rates but probably require ~$1m.

6. luisHK

luisHK

You might want to know that NewEdge minimum account size is 3million USD, according to some posters here.

7. skk7963

skk7963

Can you name some quasi-institutional that give better leverage than IB.

8. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

We offer portfolio margin accounts. No one can offer you more leverage than the SEC allows for those accounts. Some will be more restrictive than others. If your looking for more leverage with equities or options, you'll have to find an investor or join a larger firm.

9. bone

bone

I have several clients clearing NewEdge, minimum account balance is $3M.

If you wanted that type of scale in terms of product line and access without that kind of capital committment Man Financial would also be a choice provided you could fund the account to a level attractive enough for them to offer you access to exhanges like the LME, for example. MF is not an IB alternative unless you are an IB Professional Products client.

10. evo34

evo34

Are there any US brokers (for equities) offering portfolio margin for accts. under $1M, besides TOS and IB?

#10     Jul 18, 2011