Seems like time to short RIMM.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by whitetanman, Jul 2, 2007.

1. I bought some more on friday at 199

yea it seemed like it was going to go higher

the short white candle gap-up from a long base is VERY BULLISH

#11     Jul 2, 2007
  2. Never a good time to short RIMM. I've believed that 3 years ago, and I still believe that to this very day.

Like someone said, it isn't called the Crackberry for nothing.

#12     Jul 2, 2007
  3. Up up up.. never seen anything like this, short of discovering the next cancer drug or something.

#13     Jul 2, 2007
  4. RIMM is research in motion

#14     Jul 2, 2007
  5. nassau

nassau

not to mention cnbc keeps talking it up
    strange everytime they mention it rimm just a dollar or more in less than a min.
    the safe or safer way to play is with options
    rimm seems to have 20 plus monthly range and that alone will kill most traders
    one of the traders trader rimm when it was 142 and shorted it to 130 area, rimm drop to high teens in a few days to only turn and be back at 145
    what I can't believe is the posters here and other forums that are long hold after a stock has had an approx 50 dollar run

wondering if today's run will retrace tomorrow when Canada is trading as some will take profits and with our holiday Wed.

happy hunting

w

#15     Jul 2, 2007
  6. nassau

nassau

anyone notice as soon as cnbc said time to talk money and best option stat with opinion not to buy until rimm 190 range rimm dropped 2 dollars

some one's making money

w

#16     Jul 2, 2007
  7. I saw it on the chart 215 to 213 in a huge red candle

#17     Jul 2, 2007
  8. Nugget

Nugget

That was scary! I Wasnt sure if it was profit taking at the end of the day or what.. Shook me out of my long for a 300 dollar loss. Got back in to wind the day down 100 bucks. What a waste. To volatile to daytrade.. options options options on this bullet train..

#18     Jul 2, 2007
  9. jazzsax

jazzsax

Bought July 210 calls this morning @ 3.7, sold at 5.0
    (could have made more)

Later this afternoon bought July 200 put's @ $2.85, sold at 3.10

I think this one could go either way. No open RIMM positions right now, going to watch canada in the morning and make a choice then!

(+7K for today roughly)

#19     Jul 2, 2007
  10. I should def look into trading options

there profit potential is far greater than stocks

I could have put 2K in options and made the same amount

#20     Jul 2, 2007