Seems like a lot of panic over such a relatively small decline

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Scataphagos, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Capture.PNG

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  2. Yup
    That’s what happens when markets only go up for almost a decade.
    Nobody under 30 thought you could lose money buying stocks.

CALLumbus and FriskyCat like this.
  3. Felix168

Felix168

Well, that depends on your personal perspective. While you are still building wealth, a temporary 20 percent decline is not the end of the world. When you are living off your savings, a 20 percent decline hurts much more, because the ratio between your burn rate and your savings gets significantly worse: your regular withdrawals eat much harder into your savings than anticipated.

Cheers, Felix

4. zdreg

zdreg

broad averages are down 20% speculative stocks are down much moremaybe 2X or 3X. the Generals are following the soldiers. hence the screaming headlines.

5. clacy

clacy

Yes, I'm seeing that with a couple of early 30's types. Big time panic.

Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. speedo

speedo

upload_2018-12-26_15-13-21.png

7. destriero

destriero

Where was scat with the chart on XMAS Eve? Everyone becomes a bull after going debit. LMAO.

8. FriskyCat

FriskyCat

Blank stares on their faces when you remind them of the last two times bubbles burst (and that it wasn't that long ago)..."but it can't happen this time for blah, blah, blah reasons".

9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I'm not seeing any panic at all beyond the usual hysterical types on here forecasting massive crashes. I suppose trying to sell the "panic" theme is another tactic to promote crashes, kind of a distinct psychology that developed after the crash in 2008/2009 that some never lost.

We'll see what happens within a year. I suspect the permabears will have played it all very badly again and be bitching about the Fed or stock buybacks again rather then themselves and their overdone negative bias about stock markets.

10. Low key I'm literally trying to do this.

#10     Dec 26, 2018