Seeking tax accountant

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Shadetree42, Sep 20, 2017.

1. I'm moving on from my old accountant (too many errors), and figured I'd ask this community for recommendations. I'm aware of Green and Co., but am looking for someone a tad less expensive if possible. If it's easier, you can PM me. Thanks.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. I found a good one actually 2 ,thru yellow pages,ShadeT; mention you trade -invest stocks+ i asked if they did much of that?? A CPA is like a trend; some good ,some bad+ i ask for an hourly or typical fee, like for a 7/8 page/+ tax form, federal taxes........

You may be aware there is more that one right answer, on federal taxes;
    so i also tell them i want to pay taxes , when owed,BUT NOT OVER PAY LOL:D:D

3. jem

jem

if you trade future or are a pro and particularly if you are member of an exchange you might want to call your clearing firm or other ones in chicago and ask who does the taxes for their traders.

Back when I was trading for a living... I eventually realized it was just easier for me to do my taxes myself once I had trader status. I just showed my profits... took my writeoffs and then decided that most of my trading was not regular income... so I did not have to pay fica on it.

but it was easier for me because my stock gains were mostly on the NYSE and we were members of an exchange so I was not dealing to the public.

murray t turtle likes this.