Seeking reputable reliable prop firm for new 2.8 mill usd fund account.

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by greedyhippy, Mar 3, 2008.

1. HotTip

HotTip

What advantages are there to going with UBS as compared to just staying with IB with an account of a couple mil?

#11     Mar 3, 2008
  2. a chance to be gouged with ridiculously high fees

#12     Mar 3, 2008
  3. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

I would give strong consideration to Dewey Cheatham and Howe.

#13     Mar 3, 2008
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for the replies.

Apologies for the three year delay in actually making a post, Im not that active on this or any forum.
    (i was surprised my login still worked)

My question is legitimate though.

Have been recommended Fortis or Fimat (now Newedge).

Yes UBS do talk to you with accounts that small, but you do feel like your better off with a smaller bank who pay more attention to smaller clients.

Hence were looking.

Thanks for the replies

#14     Mar 4, 2008
  5. Man you are fired!
    If this approch is personal ...you are fired!
    if your bosses told you go to forums to seek advice...you are both fired!
    ZC
    For your info FIMAT (now newedge) is the broker which helped Jerome Kirviel hidings in his 4.7bln$ trading loss a subsdiary of the SG.

#15     Mar 4, 2008
  6. YOU ARE FIRED

#16     Mar 4, 2008
  7. SDticks

SDticks

IB is not as cheap as you think it is. The other two firms that were recommended Fortis and Fimat can give rates that will crush IB's. That being said, IB is great for retail trading.

If you're looking to get excange memberships, trading off of platforms other than TWS, like TT, get your clearing rates to rock bottom levels, and use really advanced IT solutions, like connect directly to exchanges, IB is not for you. I don't know of a single trading firm that uses IB to clear. I'm sure there's some small outfit somewhere, but in general high volume trading operations do not clear thru IB.

#17     Mar 4, 2008
  8. cashflos

cashflos

I really, really hope this is a setup for one of your associates to pitch the firm you both work for...

If not, this is the most pathetic attempt at due diligence I have ever seen. You certainly are fired if this is the case.

Forums are nothing more than a bathroom wall. There is very little moderation, and no confirmation of facts here or any other forum I have ever read in over 2 years of reading them. I am guilty of reading and posting, but I know what type of media I am dealing with and take it all with a fat grain of salt... but you sir, are a moron.

#18     Mar 4, 2008
  9. cashflos

cashflos

A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED

#19     Mar 4, 2008
  10. Thanks for the helpful insults.

Im done with this thread now as it seems not to have attracted much useful suggestions of names of business that I may have overlooked who operate the service I need in Asia.

As for the assumption that I would take a recommendation from a forum at face value without then investigating fully the company later. You assume a lot and speak too quickly.

All Im trying to do here is drum up some names that I might have not been aware of. Not come back and pitch later.

Thanks.

#20     Mar 5, 2008