Seeking Prop Firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by 3433, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Have you tried the obvious choices like Bright, Echo? Maybe the Chicago shops? Vtrader?

#11     Apr 1, 2013
  2. cmb

cmb Guest

how about Don Brights firm?

#12     Apr 1, 2013
  3. ofthomas

ofthomas

that is exactly my point; you didn't offered any solutions... all you said was:

"With that much money, I would not go with a prop firm. Your money will be at risk from other traders and you will be subjected to the ever changing regulatory rules. You will also have to give up a % of your profits but not losses."

a statement that is the equivalent of saying absolutely nothing considering the OP asked for 20-30x leverage... so without going prop, how does one get 20-30x?

#13     Apr 1, 2013
  4. nysegi

nysegi

Any prop firms in PA between Harrisburg and Philadelphia?

#14     Apr 8, 2013
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

$1 million accounts in well established prop firms are not that much any more, since credit crisis there are many accounts much larger than that. Thanks to technology risk management is much sounder and since prop firm principals have their own money on the hook they are more dilligent than the guys at the big banks.

#15     Apr 8, 2013
  6. 1245

Sorry but I completely disagree. The bread and butter of non tradition prop firms, the ones that take deposits, is traders under $25K. The stock day trader that make money and keep some in their accounts tend to not leave more than they feel they need. At prop firms that trade options the minimum are much higher because most option prop traders position trade. So the minimums tend to be closer to $100K+ and it would be common to have an options prop trader have as much as $500K because they most likely came from a trading floor and moved to this environment.

#16     Apr 8, 2013
  7. dealmaker

dealmaker

While your analysis is by enlarge correct you are ignoring the fact that some Wall St and hedge fund guys who lost their jobs during the credit crisis came into the prop world. These guys are at established props where one trades their own coin and they did not come with $25k accounts.
    However these arguments are beside the point, the guy who originated the thread seems to know what he is doing and is determined to put his $1 million at a prop, despite what you or I might say.

#17     Apr 8, 2013
  8. I agree , he /she is right ! you have to come up with more than that

#18     Apr 11, 2013
  9. Lots of them out there. look for ones that have been around for 7 or longer.
    ask directly to tell you , do research on your own because there is a lot of BS.
    One group seems to badmouth the other.. Do your own research

#19     Apr 11, 2013
  10. Not exactly sure what you guys are disputing, but our top performers, both in profits and shares traded, are those with 6 and 7 figure accounts. The rest are working hard with these people (and others) to get their accounts to that size. The days of mini-accounts, hoping to click their way to profits, has evolved into the more serious, long term and well planned out trading.

In addition, if you have $1million, for example. Why not put up $250K, and use a few $million of our money? Keep your capital in the bank if you like (not that the interest is worth it, LOL)... but another way to approach it.

FWIW,

Don

#20     Apr 12, 2013