seeking prop firm 2k-3k deposit

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mitwave, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Are you serious? The firm has to provide you the edge? What bs!!

The firm needs to provide you with the ABILITY to take advantage of an edge... No prop firm is going to just hand you a golden egg. Why would they want to give you a cut of the profits... Why wouldn't they just automate and profit?!

If you actually trade and your prop firm has provided you an edge... Well congrats but it's probably a gimmick that disappears after a little while. I have seen a lot of them... They are good for making $$ while they last but they don't last for long

#11     Feb 27, 2011
  2. Some firms claim to provide an edge. If the prop firm has the money, the leverage, connections, infrastructure, system, edge, and overhead, then why would they want to cut-in a stranger from the street?!? These guys are just asking to be taken.

Ok, this is why I did not respond sooner. This has been previously discussed here. Do believe their could be legit prop firms, but the "employee" needs to bring something to the table.

#12     Feb 27, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

So you want the firm to hire you, pay you a salary, give you an edge, give you benefits, maybe free coffee in the morning, paid lunches...what else? Do you need a girl friend? A dog? What else can they give you? Because that is why they exist, to give you shit. And why are you deserving of all of this? Because you filled out an application? LOL. Or maybe you got that pulse thing going for you.

#13     Feb 27, 2011
  4. This was the general gist of my response to his post as well.... but I think you phrased it better hahahaa

#14     Feb 27, 2011
  5. Basquiat

Basquiat

No, no salary, performance based

true prop requires no money up front. Hire on the basis of potential not current capital.

Any firm with an edge doesn't need your money.

If you have any questions ask susquehanna, or any of the dozens others.

#15     Feb 27, 2011
  6. The point we were both making was not about a firm requiring a deposit...

...but rather about your opinion that a prop firm has to provide the trader with the edge.... which is an absolutely ridiculous assertion

#16     Feb 27, 2011
  7. What ... no massages?

LOL ....

#17     Feb 27, 2011
  8. Basquiat

Basquiat

It's only retail with leverage and perhaps speed without an edge.

In my experience, prop firms provide edge. Even bright with opening orders etc. Provides and teaches (or did) real edge.

#18     Feb 27, 2011
  9. Basquiat

Basquiat

Enough Nasim. Go back to your writing. :D

#19     Feb 27, 2011
  10. If nothing else, reduced commisions and rebates and enhanced leverage, morning strategy sessions, etc etc are an edge.

#20     Feb 27, 2011