seeking nyc experienced trader to provide training

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by proptrader11, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Because they have not graduated from simulator yet.

#11     Dec 2, 2010
  2. traderer

traderer

Sounds like a scam guys, he doesn't want to pay a trainer and wants the trainer to be part of the "partnership" so that means the trainer has to put a deposit in.

#12     Dec 2, 2010
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Why should he pay the trainer?

#13     Dec 3, 2010
  4. Cause the trainer isn't trading, or trading less than possible, so that he can "train".

This is obviously just another tactic in a long list of tactics desperate firms are using to attract traders. first--the job angle, next there was the "trade for a hedge fund" angle, now-- we need a trainer.

Its all very transparent.

#14     Dec 3, 2010
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not getting it. What exactly is the scam? Say you go and train his traders and you get a vig on their rates. Let's also say that you will do no trading yourself. What exactly are they doing to scam you? I guess they stiff you on your commission check but then you would get the hell out of dodge. Surely they only need one guy to do this. So it's not like they can con 100 guys into doing this. I'm just not getting what the real scam is here.

#15     Dec 3, 2010
  6. It's not a "scam" per se--just a way to fish for traders. Of course, I am just hypothesising--but they hire you and others as "trainers" but first they need to watch you trade etc--- just like the old hedge fund trader trick.

Why not just use one of their already succesful traders to train others--this person already knows their methods, etc.

something just doesnt seem right--- maybe I am wrong, if so, show me...

#16     Dec 3, 2010
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

They probably don't have any. :(

#17     Dec 3, 2010
  8. ...or the pensions and union dues of their current traders/instructors/teachers are cost prohibitive.

#18     Dec 5, 2010