Seeking Mentor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SeekingMentor, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Boib

Boib

If you don't ask you'll never get laid. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

#41     Nov 26, 2006
  2. A better way to motivate a trader to become a good trader you wish him to do well is by letting him losing many many many Small losses first. Period. :D

#42     Nov 26, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

True. So you asked, got rejected, now go and do your due diligence.... :)

#43     Nov 26, 2006
  4. Boib

Boib

Naw I'll just find another looker to ask ; sooner or later I'll find one that's pissed at her boyfriend that will do me out of spite. Of course she'll probably end up telling him and I'll get a beating. Kind of like trading; no? :D

#44     Nov 26, 2006
  5. If you're interested I will help you... trend following approach to stocks, my rate is $5K US per month, 6 month commitment, first and last upfront.

#45     Nov 26, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

What you are looking for can only be found within.

#46     Nov 26, 2006
  7. The only way to motivate anyone to do anything you wish them to do, is by appealing to their sense of self interest. Period.

well put.

first rule: never ask to .......
    you lose all the power if you ever ask.....
    just hang out and be successful.....chicks can`t help themselves....one minute your talking while watcing television.....next minute she is on top of you 'dry-humping' you.....and that is your clue your getting laid tonight.....:)

actually....its all psychology....when you put it like i`m getting laid.....that`s the wrong attitude.....she has all the power......she`s the one who is getting lucky tonight.....and if she is real good in bed....and makes breakfast....or a midnight snack......she might get lucky again this week:)

#47     Nov 26, 2006
  8. Seems there are plenty of trading websites offering mentoring. They are under the "seminars" headings.

They are not free, but that was not a condition of your request.

So there is plenty to choose from.

In the "free" category, there is the info posted on this site and others. You have to spend time and effort looking for them, then apply some critical judgment, set up some charts, and examine what value they have for you. Then you might backtest and paper-trade for out-of-sample data.

If all that is too much work for you, then you may not love trading as much as you think - at least not enough to put in that effort...

#48     Nov 26, 2006
  9. If that's what your looking for to occur between you and another trader...

That is not mentoring.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32793&perpage=1&pagenumber=7

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66973&perpage=1&pagenumber=3

Simply, exchanging emails and phone chats...someone is just giving you a few bits of advice.

Mentoring is much more involved and requires a lot of time and energy.

Thus, don't try to take any short cuts if your truly looking for a mentor.

Here's an analogy, pretend your a sports coach and you want to teach someone how to play the game much better than they currently is playing...

Are you going to exchange emails and have phone chats to do your job?

If that's what your going to do...prepare to get fired.

Mark

#49     Nov 26, 2006
  10. Beware all mentors. It is widely believed that the namesake Mentor seriously twisted Odysseus' son Telemachus. Those Greeks, doncha know.

#50     Nov 26, 2006