Seeking Mentor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by SeekingMentor, Nov 25, 2006.

1. letsroll

letsroll Guest

Seekingmentor:

Your expectation to find someone to chat with is not unrealistic.
    However, unless you have an immediate family member that is going to teach you the business, or if you would like to spend many years working for a firm in the business, you must teach yourself.

- Good Luck in your quest

#31     Nov 26, 2006
  2. i don't think he needs to train himself

i do think his chances of getting a mentor for free are exceedingly small

especially a good one

#32     Nov 26, 2006
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, since the carpentry analogy doesn't seem to be working for certain newbies, here is a simpler one:

You the average guy (newbie trader) can not go to a beautiful girl (profitable trader) and ask him: I would like to fuck you, and in return I will give you nothing. No dinner, no movies, not even a ride home and forget about me pleasing you.

Now, what kind of moron pretty girl would say: yeah, let's go up to my place and fuck as long as you wish???

One more thing about valuable info given away for free: It exists, but most people don't value it. It is probably because easy come, easy go. Once people have to pay a shitload of money for something, they respect it more, even if that thing was worthless shit...

#33     Nov 26, 2006
  4. pm me,
    I'm no super trader
    but I am consistent enough to know what the game is about

I'll run over your ideas and tell you which are wrong and which are possibly workable

the strategy you probably have to workout yourself

#34     Nov 26, 2006
  5. The securities business is very secretive.

That is...
    Successful players NEVER talk specifics.

In contrast...
    Amateurs, losers, and wannabees are always blabbing about their worthless "systems"...
    And clogging up places like this.

Also...
    Legions of people just want to sell you something... anything.

The poster is basically soliciting FREE MONEY on a web forum...
    And needs another 10 years of Life 101 experience to get a CLUE.

#35     Nov 26, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Reading comprehension alert!! He didn't ask for evaluating his strategies, because he doesn't have any, yet. He asked for YOUR strategy...

By the way for the OP, read the thread caller Simple profitable method and my Even simpler profitable method. If you can not find them using a thingy called Search button, shot yourself...

#36     Nov 26, 2006
  7. gbos

gbos

:) May be secretive but there is no big secret to hide. The path to make money is applying common sense.

#37     Nov 26, 2006
  8. volente_00

volente_00

Anything is possible with a big enough package.

:D

#38     Nov 26, 2006
  9. Probably trading is all about managing probability/ uncertainty/ risk/ etc.

Perhaps we never know whether following a mentor would cost longer time and produce more losses. :confused:

#39     Nov 26, 2006
  10. I use that analogy all the time! :D

The only way to motivate <b>anyone</b> to do <b>anything</b> you wish them to do, is by <b>appealing to their sense of self interest</b>. Period.

#40     Nov 26, 2006