Seeking Mentor - Will to pay right mentor Looking for real deal

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by zzz9999, Sep 13, 2008.

1. You're in the zone duckie......

#21     Sep 16, 2008
  2. Yes, you are absolutely correct. The only ones left are the ones who couldn't trade to save their ass and statements, of course, would be "unavailable at this time".

I've helped a few people along the way. My reward comes when I see that the person "gets it" and starts to develop their own strategy and trading discipline. A good dinner and bottle of wine is acceptable as well.

#22     Sep 16, 2008
  3. If you want a mentor work for the Fed, they have a knack for penny stock trading.

#23     Sep 16, 2008
  4. lol, I think you've got it the wrong way round, it's up to the student to sell himself and convince the mentor that he won't be any trouble and that he's worth spending time with and that he has the ability to learn! Successful traders don't need to waste their valuable time mentoring some clueless noob stranger for a few bucks, convincing them it's a good idea isn't easy!

In any case brokerage statements mean diddly as they're easily fabricated. Most genuinely successful traders willing to consider mentoring others will use a live market environment to demonstrate and teach their methods, they already know these waters are infested with sharks looking to fleece the gullible.

#24     Sep 17, 2008
  5. THAT is what I was saying.

#25     Sep 17, 2008
  6. anita883

anita883

ok zzzz9999 trader .
    i know how it is hard to find a succesful mentor , I find when i become a teacher at anything , my reward is that i learn the subject skills and information even better. As you know teachers that have been doing it along time know their information quite well. You can e-mail me , or reply to me . my Style is Nadaq /Nyse daytrading , scalping , momentum intra-day trades. We can chat on yahoo messenger or MSN . i may not give/have a whole lot of time , but it may work well to call out trades, and help.
    Trevor

#26     Sep 17, 2008
  7. be very suspicious of these people with very few posts. They are most likely thieves seeking $$$

#27     Sep 17, 2008
  8. anita883

anita883

Quote from Traderzoner "be very suspicious of these people with very few posts. They are most likely thieves seeking $$$""

tradezoner Are you calling me a thief ? i did not ask for money , offer the lad some real trading help . i think with over 1500 posts in 6 months you are one of these lobbyist drama players with nothing better to do . ha ha !! don't worry, i won't waste my time replying to you again.

#28     Sep 17, 2008
  9. you dont need a good mentor. all you need is learn from your previous trades. Basic of tading is to have a journal of your trade so you can study them and find out what went wrong. Others strategy doesnt mean will also work for you, because successful traders creates strategy that fits their personality. continue trading and if at this moment you are afraid to trade live money, then do not rush, do paper trade, or if you find this boring, trade minimal amount until yoou get it right.

#29     Sep 18, 2008
  10. anita, you have no credibility with 3 posts. Think about it.

#30     Sep 18, 2008