Seeking mentor will pay

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Bluegar3, Jan 6, 2007.

1. go join a prop firm pal, u get a decent mentor, surely better than 99% of those who'll try make an offer to u and just for a meager 5k.

no brainer.

#21     Jan 7, 2007
  2. I just find it strange that after you've announced at ET that you have a friend in NYC that's a profitable trader and mentors...

You don't reply to one particular question about such.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83937&perpage=5&pagenumber=3

Here's the question again, can you explain why you don't let your friend mentor you especially since he's in the mentor business doing such already with other traders???

Simply, if you have money to pay someone to mentor you...you can easily afford to fly to NYC and get mentored by your friend whom you know is a profitable trader and is in the mentor business.

Last of all, prior to you getting involved with a mentor or prior to a mentor getting involved with you...

I recommend anyone considering being student of a mentor or anyone considering mentoring a student to read the following...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32793&perpage=1&pagenumber=7

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66973&perpage=1&pagenumber=3

Good luck because your approach so far is sending up red flags that would scare the few out there that are mentors and profitable.

Mark

#22     Jan 7, 2007
  3. I agree with that......I did send a private message stating actions I thought are valid......

I know there is a pop idea that mentoring should either be free or that a person should experience trading without a mentor...this is bubcus....

a boxer does not enter a ring without a coach.....a mentor is a coach......a decent mentor may give away time freely and a decent mentor may charge or work a symbiotic relationship, a quid pro quo.......time is a valuable commodity.......a mentor who gives time freely is doing so for internal reasons, such as; ego of knowledge which to a successful trader cannot be paid for....to have someone hang on your every word.......

If you think that entering a boxing ring, without being coached is a smart move then, great, give yourself a good upper-cut......

the original post smacks of an attempt to uncover a weakness.....the same way street-smart would stand at your front door and ask, with an innocent tone, to borrow the phone for a dire emergency.......

private message sent:

#23     Jan 7, 2007
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

Yes I can blame you for asking...in your thread 'stats on Bright Trading' you asked all kinds of questions and apparently didn't seem to care much about the responses.

I told you there's a lot of talent in Bright, many good and great traders (whether you choose to believe that or not) by joining a firm like that you'll eventually develop the contacts to slowly learn profitable strategies.

So what? Are you trading with Bright, trading with Assent? I'm sure there's great traders at your disposal, you're just taking the lazy route....this attitude is insulting to any possible mentor.

#24     Jan 7, 2007
  5. GGASE,

I do appreciate all the advice that I get on here. Having several responses to your ?s in a hour is something I am grateful for. I ended up checking out the various options of joining a prop firm. I value your advice about how I'll make contacts by joining one of these firms, and will keep that though in mind, but at this point I'm goiing to look for a personal mentor right now.

Thank you

#25     Jan 7, 2007
  6. If what you say is true, and you found a way to make money playing poker online as a pro, then you are certainly smart enuff to figure out a way to make money in the stock market!

I have played poker, semi-professionally (you could say), for several years and I can honestly say first hand that the stock market is much easier to make money in than poker.

If you would like to compare notes and talk to someone who has been in both arenas extensively, shoot me an email.

ttyl.

p.s. Go 55lucky55! spiro is gonna win the PS caribean!

#26     Jan 7, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

I worked out a similar deal with a poker pro in exchange for my mentoring but the truth of the matter was that online poker was very limiting income wise (we averaged $18 per hour) and it was too sporadic with winning and losing streaks.

Trading is exponential and far more profitable in my opinion and I don't waste anymore time with online poker.

#27     Jan 7, 2007
  8. why look for a mentor when you can get the same experience for free??

step 1. take fresh meat, feef or chicken cutlet, and tie it around your testicles.

step 2. Dip testicles in water tank filled with hungry piranas.

congrads.... you've just been mentored.

#28     Jan 8, 2007