Seeking mentor will pay

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Bluegar3, Jan 6, 2007.

#11     Jan 6, 2007
  2. Perhaps because he likes to teach. Perhaps because he believes "the best way to learn something is to teach someone" honestly I don't know. But I do know that people mentor others. It happens bottom line!

I do understand it can be annoying for all the new bees asking for help and for mentors. But can you really blame a guy for just asking... asking to see if someone is interested, to increase his chances to be successful, besides I'm offering money (rather than other posters who want others to do it for free)

#12     Jan 6, 2007
  3. Most systems are counter intuitive, what will happen is that after a losing streak these traders will end up fading the signals.
    Eventually all the money will flow out of their accounts into yours.

#13     Jan 6, 2007
  4. Ok, let's deduct an answer out of these questions.

What attempt have you made up till now to find a mentor outside of et? And why would you post for one on a site that based on your past threads you would know is obviously full of trolls?

I was where you were once and I would never seek advice or look for answers from total strangers that know my hand (I have $400,000)

Perhaps you could find a thread you liked and pm'd the op to see what they do. Perhaps it is because you, like myself has not seen anyone posting any evidence that they have found, or actually traded a profitable method. I don't think anyone who had anything of value would give it away by even posting results. Every realtime jounal has either blown up or gives no evidence of even being tradable.

If they had something of value they would be busy trying to sell it on a private site, or one that allows soliciting. I think the moderator should prohibit soliciting (recuriting) both ways, as they have done in the past, as even the moderator knows his audience.

What if someone came on the site with a thead, "seeking a student, willing to pay $20,000."

#14     Jan 6, 2007
  5. Strategies aren't a secret, they're 10-a-penny, 20k should buy you enough to last you a couple of lifetimes!

Strategies aren't the 'secret' ingredient though, being able to trade them is.

I'll wager I could give you a profitable mechanical trading system right now and you wouldn't be able to trade it for a month.....

#15     Jan 7, 2007
  6. And you are correct mick. Could you paint by numbers with the same colors and outline of a great artist or cook like the greatest chefs with their recipes and their instruction's or hit a driver like Tiger Woods because he gave you a lesson on the range? Not without an accute ability to model their every thought, instinct and move.

#16     Jan 7, 2007
  7. Bingo...........that is absolutely right!

#17     Jan 7, 2007
  8. Some (and I mean very few) can be taught how to trade a profitable system. It has to be done through one-on-one direct training in a very controlled and disciplined format. I would say that 30 to 60 days of direct day after day intense training in live markets would be needed. Training of this type can set a profitable foundation in place for a very sharp person, for a straight forward strict rules based mechanical method imo.

#18     Jan 7, 2007
  9. .....and the easiest to teach seem to be the ones who have consistently lost money and are on the verge of quitting, they seem more willing to listen somehow. They're also the most rewarding from a teaching perspective, there's nothing like the buzz one gets from showing a sceptical disbeliever that there really is money to be made from trading.

I imagine most potential mentors can't be bothered teaching as it's too much grief, from what I've seen over the past couple of years 90% of newcomers seem to be the unemployable and underfunded looking to make a fast buck (I'm not suggesting for a minute the OP fits into either category of course!), brokers must be having a field day they've never had it so easy!

#19     Jan 7, 2007
  10. Seeking "mentor will pay"

Say: The mentor will benefit by if "mentor fees = $20,000 = the payment of the mentorship" exceeds "opportinity income = $100,000 = the present value of the sums of money that this person would not make by me being in there".

How can the student and mentor reach a figure of an opportunity income of $100,000?

Are you saying the mentor will be paid $80,000?

Or there will be no fees if the mentor fees does not exceed the opportunity income?

Or simply no fees will be paid if the mentor runs ATS.

Perhaps mentor will pay the stdudent $50,000 if actual income whether by manual or automated trading happens to be $150,000? :D

#20     Jan 7, 2007