Seeking for a proprietary trading firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by trend456, Jul 9, 2002.

1. chisox

chisox Guest

fixed income is bonds like cart asked about, an instrument which pays a fixed amount, like notes,eurodollars or bonds the major difference lies in the time to maturity. You will need the series 7,55,63 to have a edge there, and if you dont know what fixed income is I would encourage you to reevaluate your decision.....

#11     Jul 10, 2002
  2. Puff, recently the computers have taken an exponentially higher share of the volume away from the floors, as fear of what happened in europe with the eurex rising more and more
    floor traders,brokers,administrators are looking.....The eurodollar
    contract, the strongest in the world is based on short term interest rates which are giuded by the fed and its funds target .If you look at the fed funds futures, you will see no action is planned anytime soon, this is why the volume in the euro's has tapered off substantially leaving the guys down there more vulnerable to globex...etc...

#12     Jul 10, 2002
  3. I might know the answer to the hint. If the Fed goes on hold, the market becomes more less volatile whipping in a short time frame making the traders hard to gain huge profit. I think to make money we have to stick to the rule of cutting your losses and letting your profits run but if profits don't run anymore it gets hard. I believe the markets always needs some action. Most of the traders need the market in some ways to be over-balanced to actually profit from the market.

Am I right or wrong?

#13     Jul 10, 2002
  4. Thanks ChiSox.

I got that fixed income idea. I've never dealt with fixed income materials. I have experience trading in ag's, metals, softs, livestock, currency, energy and others which was generally part of my diversification that I used to increase the opportunity in my trading system.

#14     Jul 10, 2002
  5. chisox

chisox Guest

I would highly recommend learning the basics on fixed income...no matter what you trade...when you get settled shoot me a message and ill see if i can help you get somthing good.

#15     Jul 10, 2002
  6. Thanks ChiSox.

I'll take that as a good recommendation.

#16     Jul 10, 2002
  7. cartm

cartm

Chisox,
    I dont know what the big deal with the eurex is, I like the dax much better. Thats interesting what you said about props dealing with other instruments other than equity, I would imagine yield curve spreads and stuff like that. Regarding the post about fixed income, if u want to know more about fixed income I would read Fabozzi a few times. I am presuming 1 would need a 3, 7, and 55 but is it a must or an edge? I have a few of those, but I am not sure how that would give me a edge, thanks for the info.

#17     Jul 10, 2002
  8. chisox

chisox Guest

there are prop firms there who trade y/c spreads, as well as all kinds of basis spreads between cash/ futures etc..They also trade ratios between naz,spoos and indu...Not to mention a hoard of groups that trade implied volatility. I personally struggle with frank's books....I was referring our friend to know the basics of F/I if he wants to move there... as far as eurex, I thought it was them who replaced the liffe and the matif floor personnel.....

#18     Jul 10, 2002
  9. cartm

cartm

Chisox,
    I meant to say I prefer dax over estoxx 50. axu2 better than etu2 both trade on the eurex. A lot of people like it though, I just like the dax better.

#19     Jul 11, 2002
  10. bigal

bigal

Does anyone know of a trader who I could talk to at Schonfeld in NYC?

#20     Jul 12, 2002