Seeking Day Trading Software Advice

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Scotty, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Scotty

Scotty

New to Day Trading and researching my options.

I am looking for a Day Trading charting software program that gives Real-Time Data for the following different types of markets:

Currency
    Stocks
    Futures
    Options

Charting software that has a user friendly platform and good documentation or tutorial training videos.

Software that has a wide variety of indicators MACD, RSI and moving averages etc.

Charting software that lets you practice trading for training purposes. Like some sort of virtual trading demo.

I would like the software to have a multiple window option for all my monitors so I could watch multiple markets at once. Probably 3-8 when I get good.

And lastly the trading software I'm looking for would have competitive rates and a free trial period or money back guarantee.

Some programs I am investigating already but not sold on are:

eSignal
    TradeStation
    MetaStock
    Genesis Trade Navigator

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

- Scott

2. muller

muller

check out the Software tab on this site (http://www.elitetrader.com/so/).
    You can try eSignal free for 30 days. See if you like it and if you wanna pay the price.
    Skip MetaStock.
    Add SierraChart and Ensign Windows to your list of software to try out.

3. Ninjatrader is free until you want to place live trades and works with a bunch of different brokers (IB, etc).

4. LeeD

LeeD

I would suggest NinjaTrader or NeoTicker. NinjaTrader is free as long as you don't use it for entering real trade orders. Neoticker has 1-month trial. Both have a good number of indicators built-in and a trade simulator. With Neoticker you can use simulation server to replay historical tick data at normal or increased speed. Both can use a variety of data feeds. Both have a large number of tutorials (NinjaTrader has video tutorials while NeoTicker has tutorials in the documentation and built-in help.) Finally, both allow opening multiple windows (in NinjaTradr every window appears on the Windows taskbar too while Neoticker has a single bar there).

5. shfly

shfly

QuoteTracker and IB (Interactive Brokers). IB can be used as your feed, or get IQFeed for around $50.00/month for equities only...

QT is around $125.00/year...

Tradestation is another one...Depending how much you trade, platform might cost you up to $100.00/month...

Hope this helps...

6. Scotty

Scotty

Appreciate you guys thanks a lot for the help.