Seeking candidates having a track record of one year with a PnL of ~100 million USD

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wave, Nov 25, 2020.

1. wave

wave

A major fund is seeking candidates having a track record of one year with a PnL of ~100 million USD.

What are they looking for in the applicant's response? Assuming a Sharpe of at least 1.5.

- I have $10 million and make 10x my capital in 1 year?
    - I start with $25, 000 and use 20X leverage to trade S&P 500 futures?
    - Other ideas?

2. Dazz

Dazz

is this a joke?

Russell Shuffle likes this.
  3. wave

wave

No. Senior Portfolio Manager - $6,000,000 salary for the candidate with a proven track record.

4. El Trado

El Trado

Yes. For those candidates you have arrived at the right place. Almost any Elitetrader can probably qualify ;-)

5. wave

wave

I'm assuming this has to be a fund like RenTech or Millenium. I'm assuming applicants are using some sort of mean-reversion with hedging to produce profits like this?

6. Lol

Cuddles and Banjo like this.
  7. wave

wave

The role
    This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Portfolio Manager to partner directly with an industry-leading firm and a reputable CIO with a proven track record to help identify new investment strategies and maximize portfolio returns while balancing risk.

To be successful
    Candidates will have a good track record with a live strategy that has been operational for at least one year with a PnL of ~100 million USD.

8. maxinger

maxinger

I presume this is meant for entertainment purposes.

Dicer likes this.
  9. A sucker.

10. wave

wave

The original post. 105 applicants (All from ET?)

#10     Nov 25, 2020