Seeking any Series 3 advice...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jojo45688, Apr 7, 2006.

1. I plan on taking the series 3 in a couple weeks. I have the Dearborn book (10th edition). My plan is to read all of the material carefully and then go through the practice exams.

Anyone have any advice, suggestions on the best way to approach studying for this. Should I be focusing my time on certain things? Any other commentary about the test itself???

Thanks in advance...

2. JayS

JayS

Pretty easy, nothing really hard. When I took it 3 yrs ago the most time consuming and difficult part was the hedging problems, (still not really that hard) just something I would never really use.

3. I just took the series 3 last month. Pretty easy test. I stuied using a book from 2002 and still had no problem.

4. my book is from '97. I'm just worried about changes in the rules and regs.

5. i took it recently as well, i would not want to take it with a 97 book though, your talking about almost a decade ago. The test isn't terribly hard or anything but some of that material might just be out and out wrong, there is no way for any of us to really know.

spend the 50 bucks or whatever it is for something current IMO. You can usually get back half of what you paid on ebay after you take it.