Seeking a partner

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by JangoFolly, Mar 4, 2008.

1. i don't think it'd be a bad idea if you & your partner form/join a company together. of course, this company has only 2 employees, you & him.

it would work... it just take time to find the right person, like every company looking for an employee. your contract with that person needs to be legally advised & taken cared of by a lawyer. don't get into a partnership without a legal document/nor without a business lawyer's help.

i am sure you can find that person.
    best wishes & good luck!

#21     Mar 5, 2008
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

How about a wife as a partner?

#22     Mar 5, 2008
  3. This might help.
    1/ Forget DAX ,it is the most difficult EU instrument to trade. Concentrate on US stock indexes based instruments traded in EU .
    2/Nobody with the business sense will put money into nonprofitable partnership without absolute controll .Try to find a mentor first.
    3/Go simulated till you solved your risk management issues.

Pm me if you feel that I make a sense .

#23     Mar 5, 2008
  4. You negate all positive aspects of your post by writing "you suck".

Good luck with your quest, Jango. I am sure you will ultimately find a worthy partner, but the pursuit may take some time and screening before you do. There are some good suggestions herein, and some that may not move you quite as much, but I think everyone means well and is trying to help--even Tom in his above post (I just think he "typed before he thought"). Please keep us posted on your progress.

#24     Mar 6, 2008
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

You're wrong. You're trying to make him feel good. I'm trying to keep him solvent. The market will eat delusions like "I'm great at making money" without so much as a hiccup. Poof. Gone.

#25     Mar 6, 2008
  6. dinoman

dinoman

Keep reading this over and over and you just solved your problem!

#26     Mar 6, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Do you actually have a profitable method that works, if only you could employ stops? I'm not sure how you know it would work, given that you keep overriding it.

If you do actually have a really good system, why not just hire some bright college kid for $1500 a month?

#27     Mar 7, 2008
  8. College kid is a bad idea, he needs someone with considerable experience to handle him and trading at the same time .

#28     Mar 7, 2008
  9. A college kid may actually work, or may turn out to be a horrible fit, as I think it has much more to do with finding a person with the right attributes as opposed to a specific age or demographic. Like all things in life, it may take some time and effort, but I do think you will find a worthy partner who will help you capitalize on your strengths and improve on your weaknesses (or at least prevent you from allowing them to harm your trading).

#29     Mar 7, 2008
  10. My guess is either that you were in the military and enjoyed being demeaned or your father was a drill sergeant...because if you were properly socialized you would be aware that most people don't respond favorably to being told they suck, whether you're trying to help or not.

#30     Mar 7, 2008