Seeking a Developer

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by VTTrader, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Fido is just the industry nickname for Fidelity.

For example, a market maker for BofA might say "I just got fucked for 300K on MSFT by Fido."

#11     Jul 31, 2006
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I spent last 15 years writing automated systems. Nitro is bang on! Its "nontrivial" to say the least! I had very dark hair back then; my hair is completely white now! :D

#12     Jul 31, 2006
  3. what is "canned"?
    :confused:

(you dream of getting thrown a lill' can like that one into your lap, not nitro? :D )

#13     Jul 31, 2006
  4. what you wrote is bang on...

everyone should <b>exhaust</b> the effort to find pre-built software that will do very close to what they want and then tweak that with a supplied SDK...

rather than...

build something from the ground up and where you will have a wee bit of time and money off your hands...

a LOT of software development fails completely or fails the specs due to poor upFront design...

cj...

:cool:

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#14     Jul 31, 2006
  5. Quiet1

Quiet1

every developer knows users have no idea what they really want and more importantly no language with which to express what they want if they did....

KA-CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,

Q1
    :D

#15     Jul 31, 2006
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

#16     Jul 31, 2006
  7. nbates

nbates

...and apply all the best after you know programming and trading...then, you can start learning how to trade and program all over [and over] again!

NB :)

#17     Jul 31, 2006
  8. andread

andread

#18     Aug 1, 2006
  9. Excellent recipe for getting nowhere. :D

#19     Aug 1, 2006
  10. What language would you like the software done in? Have you determined what database you want this made around? Will you be capturing end of day data from this product for your tests from your stream provider or will you be using some other existing service(s) canned data? Are there any similar products that almost do what you want done?

If you can answer these questions in a concise form, PM me and I'll get you to the next point in your search. You also need to be prepared to compensate your developer with some real $$$. And I'll bet more reasonably than you might think. Hope this helps! :)

#20     Aug 1, 2006