See Ya Rudy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader5287, Jan 28, 2008.

1. hughb

hughb

When I read about Giuliani's strategy to bypass the early primaries and campaign in Florida, I figured he must have "known something" because all the pundits said it was a risky strategy. Giuliani didn't get to be mayor of New York by being dumb, I thought he must have had something up his sleeve. But I guess he didn't. He appears poised to lose big. All he's saying now is that he is going to stage a come from behind victory.

This was his decision, BTW, not his campaign manager's. He even emphatically told his campaign manager there is to be no second guessing. Oh well. I really don't think he will get a second chance at the White House, and he did have a good shot at it this time.

#11     Jan 29, 2008
  2. It is not about lettuce picking jobs and such, it is about depressing wages and creating millions of working poor Americans. 20 years ago entry pay in construction was $ 7/hour, now it is $ 8. All because of illegals .
    Religion is not an issue for Romney IMO. Who REALLY believes that shit anyway.
    You are correct on Clinton-Obama .

#12     Jan 29, 2008
  3. agreed about construction pay levels.

i think religion will become more important regarding romney. its odd that his favorite novel is battlestar galactica written by scientology founder hubbard. i think cults may become a topic if romney gets the nomination.

#13     Jan 29, 2008
  4. Yeah, no clue as to what you're talking about . . . . I do know, though, that you're speaking of Battlefield Earth, and not the 70s TV show Battlestar Galactica.

#14     Jan 29, 2008
  5. Actually I looked further into it and a huge part of these early votes are actually figured into the polls. Florida has a weird early vote system. Pretty much anybody can request an early ballot without proving hardship. I guess a ton of people request them even though they would still be able to vote in the regular primary. The only ones not included in the polls are those whom are actually absent, which consist of a relatively small number. In my predictions I gave these to Rudy mostly, but many of the people polled said that they were voting by absentee ballot for Mac or Mitt.

#15     Jan 29, 2008
  6. Mitt has been proposing zero cap gains tax for his entire career. He is the biggest opponent of cap gains tax of them all, but that doesn't seem to matter to most people on these boards.

#16     Jan 29, 2008
  7. Cache,

I agree that if Rudy hangs in there through Feb 5, it hammers Mac. Rudy already said he's done if he doesn't win FL, but maybe you are correct about the cabinet thing.

However, if Mac takes the big States where he is now ahead, he would not need much more. A win in FL will give Mitt major MOMO, but a loss would do the same for Mac, who already enjoys the name recognition. I think Romney has to have FL.

BTW, Mitt is my man. I've been following him since before he even declared his candidacy, cause I knew he would. A republican Gov of Mass. Who would of thought that would be possible?

Jay

#17     Jan 29, 2008
  8. I find it odd that the results in one state seem to influence later states so strongly. Is it just human nature to want to throw in with a winner? I wouldn't think people in Florida, for example, would be overly influenced by voters in Iowa or NH, but the results speak for themselves.

#18     Jan 29, 2008
  9. Answers to many questionnaires are indicating that Floridians are voting for whomever is deemed most likely to beat Hillary. When someone wins a big state it makes them more popular and thus more likely to win in the future. Personally I think Mitt has the best chance against Hillary, but neither front-runner has a chance against Obama as it stands right now, but at least Mitt has the organization and fundraising capabilities to actually compete in the generals.

#19     Jan 29, 2008
  10. I would tend to agree, but I think the big states are given too much credit. A victory in NY, NJ, and CA still only leaves Mac with about 150 delegates which is only about 15% of what's needed to get the nomination. Our system specifically makes it harder for a candidate to win only big states and get the nomination.

#20     Jan 29, 2008