See How They Lie Part I: Recession in UK 'still not over'

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 12, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

first i would like to thank you for your reply and for the video. i watched it.

i take it you mean quality of life is improving even though population is growing. is that your argument against my post. if that is your argument i would argue this. it was only possible to improve the quality of life with that population because the resources were squandered. the resources in the world are running out and cannot be sustained. it may have been a temporary improvement with an increase in population but at the future cost of the use of those resources expended.

you could argue technology and production techniques may allow for further growth and improvement but you will find shortages of resources will have deep consequences. also you have not taken into consideration the validity of the statistics or the statistics that are not shown. the quality of life for people may have improved but how do you know all statistics show full reality.

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. buy LVMH then :D but don't touch the UK, it's not a few Asians or tourists that will save it from its doomed fate

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. just21

just21

I am more optimistic. Water desalination technology is advancing rapidly, there is a lot of natural gas in shale, the best earth in the world is not even being farmed in the Ukraine and Russia. The Malthusianss will continue to be proved wrong.

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

even if more can be produced think about the cost to the environment if resources could not be exceeded the environmental situation is still a limitation.

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

Of course we're still going to get it as far as I know we haven't been lied to though at least here. The difference between us and the U.K is that we had the common sense to stop the bailouts before they got any worse so we at least have a chance of dealing with it. Now the U.S however is going to have a hell of a time trying to pay of trillions worth of debt.

#15     Oct 13, 2009