See how much faster your PC will boot up

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Xspurt, Jan 30, 2011.

1. I reboot about every ten years or so. Next time I think I'm within a few years of booting I'll come by and check out your thread. But saving a few microseconds over ten years is not really a goal of mine.

#31     Mar 1, 2011
  2. GTS

GTS

Hibernation does not use any power - everything is written to disk and then the system is in the same state as if it was powered off.

160 Watt usage for an idle PC is atypical. Right now my (non-idle) Intel i7-860 rig with 4 drives and a couple of other external accessories (e.g. 8 port gig switch) are drawing only 85 watts from the APC unit it is plugged into.

#32     Mar 1, 2011
  3. LOL! Good one.

#33     Mar 1, 2011
  4. I am afraid to just use any strange software or even click link to a strange site particularly when I am using Windows. It is because, hackers are too greedy that they invent malware regularly and often undetected by anti-viruses at first until they spread out wide.

Since this thread users are the first time users, you can be infected but not yet detected. Wait 3 to 6 months from now and your anti-virus flagged a virus from that software probably. And then the hacker has already all your financial and personal information well exploited.

Try searching in Google for soluto.com malware.

#34     Mar 2, 2011
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I did. The result is that it is NOT a malware.... :)

It also made Lifehacker's list of most-popular-free-windows-downloads-of-2010....

#35     Mar 3, 2011