security tool fake

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by zdreg, Nov 27, 2009.

1. this is the answer. CNET. You 'll see it as a top ten.

#11     Dec 1, 2009
  2. sws2179

sws2179

3. Had this one. Frustrating bit that it won't even let you access Task Manager to end the process, or run any of your virus/adware software.

Solution: Reboot in Safe Mode, then download, install and run Malwarebytes' Anti Malware. No need to format hard drives, re-install Windows or any other of the extreme measures suggested.

#13     Dec 1, 2009
  4. tommintj

tommintj

There is a fake virus detector that changes your internet settings to use a proxy. Look for <something>sysguard.exe like oousysguard.exe

It also creates a "prefetch" file that has something to do with loading before you can react.

Good hunting.

#14     Dec 2, 2009
  5. I gave this solution on the 1st page.:D

I think he already solved it and just isn't reporting back. No need to repeat the same thing for 10 posts. I think everyone agrees Malwarebytes is an excellent solution. And this exact same virus description has been solved by booting in safe mode as I (and you) described.

#15     Dec 2, 2009
  6. I use malwarebytes too... Great free product...

free version of AVG is a good idea too...

#16     Dec 2, 2009
  7. Download and run ComboFix (if the Trojan will let you). :)

#17     Dec 2, 2009
  8. Those who believe history repeats should read this article. These geeks from Merrill Lynch suggest that the top for the market will be at the end of the year with the final bottom in 2014. The time and price correlation with Japan is quite astounding.

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/wilson/2009/0901.html

Also those familiar with Paul Tudor Jones (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tudor_Jones) know that he has made billions from correlating the market to past history. He recently came out of the closet and suggested we are experiencing a similar market to the 1970s. I checked back and the rally from 1970 appears to fit well if we are going to see lower lows whilst the rally of 1974 was on decreasing volume similar to what we are witnessing now. Take your pick but I suspect one of these scenario's will play out. If it is the 1970 rally then the geeks from Merrill's will be right if the dollar drops enough while the market rises.

#18     Jan 13, 2010
  9. One solution, reformat your computer.

#19     Feb 3, 2010
  10. GTS

GTS

Since the original post was made in Nov of last year I'm pretty sure that zdreg has resolved the problem by now, one way or another.

#20     Feb 3, 2010