Security software that whitelists url's...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Eight, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Eight

Eight

Great, Kudos on your expertise too... not to mention good luck...

#21     Sep 6, 2010
  2. Eight

Eight

I never saw that in all my searches. Thanks much, glad I started this thread... if I can whitelist my laptop I can do a lot of things without being tethered to a hardware firewall... I'm looking at moving into a van, I really started questioning why I live indoors.. I don't like it there really, never did... my hobbies are photos and amateur radio and those can be done in a van... internet, telephone, all of that can be done from anywhere... the whitelisting thingy was the last problem for me, I write software in coffee shops for the most part... I'll move into the van and see how it goes for awhile... clothing, grooming, food, it all can be worked out to a very satisfying degree if you think about it enough... even security cams and things can be done on the cheap... it pays to give money to homeless people, some hang out at my fav coffee place and they are a resource for where to park and not get hassled and there are plenty of public and private camping places...

#22     Sep 6, 2010
  3. optimal

optimal

Okay.

#23     Sep 6, 2010
  4. agree, I use this too and think that this is the best

#24     Sep 7, 2010
  5. Eight

Eight

hee hee, I had Panda running, I downloaded prio and was looking to see what was connected to my computer. Two notorious hacking sites were on the list!!

Keep believing what the blacklisting industry tells, you by all means, if it makes you "feel secure"...

If I was whitelisted I'd still run prio and keep tabs on everything that comes and goes, let alone all this blacklisting bullshit...

#25     Sep 7, 2010