Security Futures Trading

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by MarkHyman, Sep 12, 2002.

1. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

The new indices are comprised of four to six companies in key economic sectors, including Commercial Banking, Computer Networks, Computer Software, Drug Companies, Gold Mining, Pharmacies, and Semiconductor Circuits. These products augment the eight narrow-based indices OneChicago previously announced on Airlines, Biotech, Computer Hardware, Defense, Investment Banking, Oil Services, Retail, and Semiconductor Components

2. hmmmm, gold mining.......me like. I may give these things a go as a replacement for just purchasing options. Maybe I could be a bit more of a trend follower without getting burned.

3. I have been out of the "loop" for a while.Can anyone elaborate
    on these security futures? (Margin,symbols,$ per point move)
    etc. Thanx

4. Search for SSFs under the Futures Forum on this site.

You might also like www.onechicago.com

5. I know they are 100 shares per contract and the initial margin is supposed to be around 5:1. Also they can be held in a regular brokerage account just like equity options.

6. MarkHyman

MarkHyman Advanced Futures

CME Revises Launch Schedule For S&P SPCTR™ Futures
    CHICAGO, Aug. 29, 2002—Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME) today announced that the launch date for Energy SPCTR futures will be announced pending regulatory approval for the product. CME’s new Financial and Technology SPCTR™ futures will begin trading on Monday, Sept. 23 at 8:30 a.m. (Central time), as previously announced.

The new contracts will be the first S&P 500 sector indexes to trade on a futures exchange. The contracts, sized at $125 times the respective index price, will trade on CME’s GLOBEX® electronic trading platform