Security Council votes for no-fly zone

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Monday Foreign F-16's will take controll of Lybian air space.

#21     Mar 19, 2011
  2. Humpy

Humpy

I don't suppose they want to be too pro democracy with their own undemocratic systems.

Sorry to see your islands are in danger of sinking, Look great.

Go easy on the coconut juice

#22     Mar 19, 2011
  3. toc

toc

Gaddafi is no Saddam or Mubarak................he will unleash a sea of terrorism tsunami on Brits and French. US better stay away as it is already fighting on three wars: iraq, afganishtan and financial mess war at home. Worst would be much higher oil prices which sees whole world take a second dip into hard recession.

i have a bad feeling about this mess, what if Libya goes high on terrorism and west goes high on military and then 2012 type predictions start to show in reality.

better strategy would be to let Mr. G stay in power while pressure and guide him to introduce reforms leading to better well being of the people of Libya.

Hard language and tools will not work in the favor of the world interest. :D :cool: :p

#23     Mar 19, 2011
  4. Gaddafi has lost much credibility with Arab and Islamic reactionary forces in the region and in fact has been targeted by Al -Q for his un-Islamic regime. Attack dogs such as Abu Nidal have long gone so I would hazard a guess that he is on his own.

#25     Mar 19, 2011
  5. Gaddafi is a suicidal dictator and will not go down without being taken out. Agreements and treaties are worthless.. He will break his word first chance and get back on offense. This is really a civil war and domestic issue... What exactly were the grounds for the UN to intervene?

As far as I know Gaddafi has not attacked any foreigners... just the rebels who have broken his laws. Seems more like an asylum issue for those facing persecution/execution would be more in order.

#26     Mar 19, 2011
  6. toc

toc

French can fly as much as they want over Libya but they better not do anything hostile like hitting targets. This can spiral up into something long and protracted and zooming up the oil prices by 20-50%. :D

#27     Mar 19, 2011
  7. #28     Mar 19, 2011
  8. cstfx

cstfx

So I guess this means that all civil wars are now outlawed, huh?

#29     Mar 19, 2011
  9. Larson

Larson Guest

f**k*n' a powderkeg. Reports are that some of the rebels are not actually Libyans.

#30     Mar 19, 2011