Security Breach @ Major Brokerages?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by da-net, May 9, 2007.

1. da-net

da-net

2. You're assuming there was ever security in the first place.

3. This has been going on for months.

I had a friend call a State Securities Reg we know on a friendly basis. Again, this is three, maybe four months ago. The guy said, "you're not a resident of my State. Go to your State. If they can't help you, I will. But I'll tell you right now what you'll find. An Eastern European ISP."

This is how screwed up the industry is. This was months ago, and they are still paying out. Don't feel a bit sorry for them.

4. i've been getting alot of attacks this week(fin scan) whatever the hell that is.ip address-220 i would think they could find these guys since there is a trail when they sell their stocks?

5. JCBLESS

JCBLESS

I was a victim of Internet Fraud,

I contacted my Local FBI office, and the agent was very friendly and helpful, and directed me to there online division that looks into these matters.

http://www.ic3.gov/contact/

I hope this is helpful.

Contact your local FBI office, and report the web address.

6. the amount of security is so limited at some firms it would make you shudder...most firms have gone to electric format for New acct. info....after they scan in you ..name ss#, bank iof ect....they discard it.....you would be amazed how many firms don't shred AND....the employees fo the firm can very easily sell your info

7. da-net

da-net

I did not realize that the brokerages are not shredding. If that is correct then it opens up another can of worms....Dumpster Diving! Followed by identity theft! Glad I have ID theft insurance.

8. True story:

I was DOC at a firm in Boca and we had guys dumpster diving for confirms, statements ect.....we never caught the guys....Years later at another firm Im talking to a couple guys who worked for me and had become my buddies...over a couple beers one night we were talking about our past jobs and when i mentioned this one firm that i worked for my one buddy replied " OH I KNOW THAT FIRM, I USE TO GO THROUGH THEIR GARBAGE EVERY TUESDAY AND FRIDAY FOR LEADS..THAT'S HOW I BUILT MY BOOK"!!

9. nonam

nonam

Dear E*Trade Financial member,

E*Trade Financial Protection Department requests you to start the Dear E*Trade Financial member,

E*Trade Financial Protection Department requests you to start the member details confirmation procedure. By clicking on the link at the bottom of this letter you will get all necessary instructions how to start and complete the confirmation procedure. The following steps are to be taken by all members of the E*Trade Financial.

E*Trade Financial Protection Department apologizes for the inconveniences caused to you, and is very grateful for your cooperation.

To start the confirmation procedure, click the following link:

http://session-032133.etrade.com/infocenter/userdirectory/form.asp

Copyright 2007 E*TRADE Securities LLC. All Rights Reserved

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------member details confirmation procedure. By clicking on the link at the bottom of this letter you will get all necessary instructions how to start and complete the confirmation procedure. The following steps are to be taken by all members of the E*Trade Financial.

E*Trade Financial Protection Department apologizes for the inconveniences caused to you, and is very grateful for your cooperation.

To start the confirmation procedure, click the following link:

http://session-032133.etrade.com/infocenter/userdirectory/form.asp

Copyright 2007 E*TRADE Securities LLC. All Rights Reserved

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:eek: :eek: :eek:

10. nonam

nonam

WARNING!Dont click on the links above.
    Sorry,I didnt think that the links would copy through live.
    Maybe someone knows how to trace them?

#10     May 12, 2007