Security: Best solution for your PC

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Lorenzo, Jul 28, 2007.

1. You should get both for your PC but that's not to say that your PC wont survive without them.

#11     Aug 2, 2007
  2. Just looked the other day at consumer reports 07 buying guide. Trend Micro suite was the best by far for all this stuff at fifty bucks/yr. Kaspersky did not rate well for the av only version that cost money.

#12     Aug 6, 2007
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

The test results I have read show Kaspersky to be a resource hog. I would not want it on my trading PC.

#13     Aug 6, 2007
  4. rock1968

rock1968

Yeah I deleted it as well..

#14     Aug 6, 2007
  5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

and...

#15     Aug 7, 2007
  6. What the heck, i got ad-aware and spyware-search& destroy, two of the ones you mention, i get regular updates?
    Every other day.......

And it seems to me they dont do much at any rate.

#16     Aug 7, 2007
  7. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

It depends what they update....

I have Ad-Aware and Spybot Search & Destroy but I don't use them anymore

Anyway, Spyware Terminator will protect your PC real time and it's free

For offline scan I prefer:

A-squared (free version)
    Superantispyware (free version)

HiJackThis (now powered by TrendMicro)

#17     Aug 7, 2007
  8. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

#18     Aug 7, 2007
  9. How bad is Norton? My new pc came with it of course. I haven't installed or enabled it because of all the bad things I have heard about it slowing down a pc and hogging resources.

Do I need to delete/remove it from my pc?
    If it isn't installed does it still negatively effect a pc? I'd imagine if it isn't installed it isn't a problem?
    Also I keep getting that damn annoying Norton pop up window each time I boot up my new pc, is there a way to prevent that from happening?

I just got a new Dell Vostro and have only downloaded Avast and Spyware Terminator, anything else I should consider installing on my pc for security?

#19     Aug 7, 2007
  10. Norton is pathetic. It doesnt even do a thorough search. Get rid of it and go for McAfee.

#20     Aug 7, 2007