Security at work

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by Raje, Sep 8, 2011.

1. don't try and screw with your work setup - if they are recording keystrokes you don't even have access to disable the monitoring software (or hw). Any attempt at that will just get you fired.

Call your broker and get an RSA token. Change your PW to something generic and username as well.

I used to have a similar issue (monitoring) and got an RSA token from ETrade. Google RSA token if you don't know what it is.

I'm that confident in the RSA token that I have no issues giving out my ID/PW because without the random 6-digits on the token you'll never log into my acct. if you can you can have every dime in the acct. (cause even if you hack it RSA will cover it)

#31     Nov 17, 2011
  2. GTS

GTS

Not sure why you are replying to a thread that is 2 months old but I hope you are aware that the RSA corporate servers were hacked and the code generating algorithm stolen earlier this year ... unless you have received a new RSA token since then you may not want to go around announcing your username/password.....

#32     Nov 17, 2011
  3. thx.

#33     Nov 17, 2011
  4. mods is there a way to delete winston's post referencing his username/password? i don't know to see another trader lose money the wrong way (otoher than market losses) b/c his account was hacked. remember the ceo of lifelock that put his ssn everywhere to prove how "great" his service was? well guess what? not one, but multiple times his ssn was used illegally.

#34     Nov 18, 2011