SEC's Restrictive New Short Sale Proposal --- NOW is your only chance to influence it

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by seasideheights, Aug 20, 2009.

1. It is because people like you voted for NoBama in the first place that all of this business-killing, bureaucratic porkfest is happening.

That and the worst liberal, idiotic congress in history is now unchecked.

It will take 20 years to undo this damage of the last 3 years of Democrat majority and now you fuckers gave them the keys to the national vault to be looted by voting for that Soros-puppet charlatan.

WTF did you expect?

#21     Aug 23, 2009
  2. might have to buy bullets again, as for market neutral guys, you just short first, when trading pairs you are trying to execute the hard side first most of the time anyways, except when the market movement favors the other side. With uptick or this new BBO rule, short side is by default the hard side.

#22     Aug 23, 2009
  3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed 100%!!!

#23     Aug 23, 2009
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ammunition, primers, powder, etc., are hard to find, and overly expensive if you can.

I told some of my Clients with a large cash reserve to buy ammunition, large capacity magazines, and military-style rifles three+ years ago knowing this was coming. The one's who did are now singing praises to me. The one's who didn't...:eek:

Ronald Reagan would be flipping out right about now if he were alive.:mad:

All I want for Christmas is my Country back...

#24     Aug 23, 2009
  5. gkishot

gkishot

I hope that they will let the short-sellers sell at market price at least twice a day: at MOO and MOC.

#25     Aug 23, 2009
  6. Great post Robert. Could send something like this to the SEC link in the first post of this thread?

#26     Aug 23, 2009
  7. I wouldn't get too exercised about all of this. If one studies history both in the U.S. and other countries, you will see that during severe economic downturns, short sellers have always been vilified, and measures enacted in the interest of trying to shut them down.

But inevitably those restrictive measures end up getting rolled back later when the markets collapse under the weight of their own fundamental weakness anyway, and the regulators realize that the absence of short sellers has removed one of the first lines of buyers when stocks are falling.

The wheel of history is nothing, if not predictable.

In the meantime, understand that nothing any of us says will stop the SEC from enacting these measures, it's just window dressing asking for "comments". Just prepare to deal with it in the meantime, whether it means putting in your short sales as limit orders and waiting for the market to move up into them, or concentrating on futures, or what have you.

Just remember, this too shall pass.

#27     Aug 23, 2009
  8. gkishot

gkishot

Judging by how they drag their feet I am pretty much under impression that they are reluctant to do so. I personally believe that they must act based on the principles of the free markets and the issue is not for referendum. The fact that they are asking for the public comments just proves that they are wavering to make decision on their own and they are rather under enormous pressure to do something.
    I could not see even the clearly stated objective of the change in their proposal.

#28     Aug 23, 2009

9. This is an idiotic statement to make. You are blaming Obama for all of the businesses closing down? I bet everyone but you knows that businesses are closing down because the banks won't lend money. If you recall this crisis began on Paulson's watch under the Bush administration. Obama is just trying to clean up Bush's mess.

#29     Aug 23, 2009

10. A comment period is part of the routine process of enacting changes. The new ruling, per SEC head Shapiro, is targeted to be enacted by December 31st. The exact type of change is being discussed now, and yes, the comments DO have influence.

#30     Aug 23, 2009