Secrets to success in trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jharmon, May 17, 2018.

1. Everyone recognise price movement, we all have the same data feeds. It's what you do with it that counts. For example, based on one of your previous post, you see a sell signal. But you don't recognise the buy signal.

#41     May 18, 2018
  2. padutrader

padutrader

i am not sure....which but it does not matter you may miss some

but you are out of context price action has not changed: whether quants are there or not i still make money
    i may not post everything on ET because no one will believe it anyway. but charts have not changed for 100 years

#42     May 18, 2018
  3. We all have the same data. Your interpretation of the data is different from another. That is what makes a trade. Doesn't mean the other side of the trade is wrong, and your side is right. But then you're tradeGOD lol...

#43     May 18, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

i was discussing charts not my personal record....

whether quants are trading or Buffet is trading the charts do not change

LCTM was manged by quants what happened to them.....

charts do not change

#44     May 18, 2018
  5. I guess you'll never get it.

#45     May 18, 2018
    rb7 likes this.

6. Thanks God, lovely post.

#46     May 18, 2018
  7. Handle123

Handle123

When I back test automation, my entire Trading plan is within the code, and the testing will always take min. of 3-4 months since I test by contract months, all tick data, first over fourteen years. The platform that I had made five years ago can do it all without long version by hand, I also have a running test of every three months, tests based on drawdowns and how long to recover, huge segment on optimum averaging down levels, it chops up data by the half/full hours or any time I spell out, but the swings of up/down, it has spreading, fundamental inputs on all standard reports here in USA and world, can test base on safe volumes I can one day trade and be able to somewhat safely get out, that platform contains a journal of ideas of 24 years of "well what if I could do this", and be able to do it no matter if some of it makes little sense. In couple years I will have built another one as I had started another journal, most of it has options ideas, spreading and world markets. People I had working on project came up with insane ideas and programmed them, much based on volume and Quantum cycles.

Yea, but if I had to do manually- it more like WTF?:D

#47     May 18, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Reality, "everyone" does not have the same "data feeds".

Lots of videos on Youtube verifies such by traders comparing the DOM of one data vendor to another data vendor. I myself use two different data vendors. One may show a 10 contract trade (fill) as 5+5 while the other shows 3+2+5...both with the exact same fill time in the times & sales. In comparison to a buddy using a different data vendor...he may show 1+1+3+5 for the exact same 10 contract fill with exact time of fill...different from other data vendors in comparison.

Then there's other issues like different closing prices on the same interval amongst different data vendors along with other issues.

wrbtrader

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    #48     May 18, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  9. Handle123

Handle123

This is where you are wrong again, I have no idea what you spent eight years doing as you handing out advise and generally wrong, getting to be annoying.

I have charts from 1800s on wheat, I bought 100's of them from a trader retiring in 1980s, and when you compare them to now 138 years later, there are many differences between heavy volume markets and low volume markets. Charting is the same is slower low volume markets cause in 1880, they didn't have computers nor internet nor phones, but when you compare to crude oil or indexes, yes huge changes because most of the trading in these markets are based on formulas and not human thinking, even though humans may have started ball rolling and put that it has unlimited variances and program can change by itself as it is constantly back testing before putting on trades. 1880's didn't have massive spikes or patterns like crude has had $3.00 plus ranges.

Am putting you on ignore, can't stand your posts any more.

#49     May 18, 2018
    LS1Z28 and beginner66 like this.
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Wow :banghead:

#50     May 18, 2018