Secrets to success in trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jharmon, May 17, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

yes when i started tarding forex in 2009 eurusd had adaily average range of 400 pips,now i think it is 60.
    forex is good at least the smaller time frames swing

#31     May 18, 2018
  2. smallfil

smallfil

Call it the price of education. I taught myself everything I know about trading. Read lots of books, attended seminars and spent probably over $10,000, maybe more in all these years. If you do not have a mentor, you have to start from scratch. Unfortunately, you do not know who is real and who is a fake! Take those giving out seminars for thousands of dollars. A lot of those who pump up the seminars are nothing but, salesmen! They talk about how their training will make you a top trader earning millions! All BS of course. Even a lot of the books from actual traders will only give you snippets of information. It is up to you to filter out and choose which are good and which are bad! When I started out, I was only looking at the fundamentals having an accounting degree. Looking at the financials of a company. Lots of bad information like buy and hold cost me plenty! If I can give one advice to other aspiring traders, I would say, focus on risk management! You need to last in the game long enough to figure it out!

#32     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  3. padutrader

padutrader

i thought i had imagination and was good in english......you are someting else

#33     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

my experience exactly

when i started out in 1994 if a stock move against me by ten ticks i was out
    bit extreme:D

#34     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

liquidity first then volatility

#35     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  6. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

How many years do you trade? My story in short - the volatility of 2009 was amazing and we were extremely lucky to make a real profit. Lucky because we were a novice and without any learning. Then the Greek crisis brought another good deal of waves. But I feel good even now. Maybe it is calm before the big hurricane... who knows

#36     May 18, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    Congrats on the 2009 profit, CSE Trend Trader. Its not luck, its[2009] an uptrend, early uptrend off a 50% drawdown bear market. Another reason i dont use the word luck, much its a smoke screen, tells us nothing:cool::cool:.

#37     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  8. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

Thank you, Murray! But as from today prospective let calls it a miracle - we even did not know the word trader! Stop loss, chart - what? All unknown! We had no screen! Yahoo finance was our secret source! And we made this profit before uptrend on FAZ!!! 31 January - 31 March! And then the story began, long story, but we are here, ready to rebound. And yesterday was one month since I started and many barked and tried to bite me, to my great surprise. But your's like was first, thank you!

#38     May 18, 2018
  9. Read all you want but others learnt from working at the exchange programming quant ramblings. It's quite different from what you read in books. The stuff they did were not in books like most of the stuff, we were inventing along the way.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    #39     May 18, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

may be but price action has not changed since trading started

#40     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.