Secrets to success in trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jharmon, May 17, 2018.

1. I have 885 trades, I'm close.;)

#171     May 24, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

That is obvious, it was part of the tactics. If not I might have wiped out again.
    Instead of testing in real trading I went to papertrading till things were stable and profitable.

#172     May 24, 2018
  3. Esha.J

Esha.J

That is why I have mentioned that I wish there could be a strategy which always has a winning trade.

#173     May 25, 2018
  4. Fadip

Fadip

Forex Trading is a very risky and complicated thing to understand. There is no defined secret for success in this market. There are crucial tips to understand before trading like keep your emotions at bay, be patient, don't trade while the market is volatile, etc.

#174     May 25, 2018
  5. %%
    Yes+ Ela, while being to demanding could be wrong; pedantic originaly meant[old englshShakespeare] a teacher of tutor, 2] Good pedantic point on 1,000 trades ........................................................or 10 years whichever required/requires more work. I saw a drawdoWn that was 60%; + it did not bother me, because it was not mine.It was a hedge fund named ''60% DrawdoWn''; it did bother me,i never was able to find that fund after they published that in a magazine:D:D But i did not look 1,000 times or 10 years.

#175     May 25, 2018
  6. schweiz

schweiz

These 1,000 trades were in less then 2 years daytrading. So not 10 years like you assume. Nothing pedantic. Just a wrong assumption from you.

#176     May 25, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. %%
    I see your points; 10 years was not an assumption@ all . Its an average cycle has has a bull market + bear market. I like paper trading also ..... because i use federal reserve notes; +a brokers demo never helped me much-maybe if i had a photograph ic memory LOL:cool::cool: I / prefer paper graphs/charts also..................

#177     May 25, 2018
  8. %%:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Most Doctors are smart; but as they say in ChicagO, the smarter you are the longer it takes LOL. Budgets help but ChicagO tends to be right on trends.......

#178     May 25, 2018
  9. smallfil

smallfil

The problem with that is it becomes a very expensive habit. You only have losses with nothing else to show for it! You are probably, better off gambling in Las Vegas because slot machines use RNG to choose the winners. Bad trades only result in more and more losses. Atleast, if you lose millions in Las Vegas, they will treat you like a queen and lots of perks, hell, even maybe, get a discount on your losses! And if you win big, you can offset all the losses! Watch Diary of a Las Vegas whale featuring Don Johnson. I think that documentary movie is still in Netflix. If not, you will find it in You Tube!

#179     May 26, 2018
  10. padutrader

padutrader

interesting that you sign your posts....i dont hoping that nobody finds out...but you seem to take full responsibility for your posts :D
    serving in Korea etc is an experience, anyone who has not served, will ever understand, what it is really like to have been out there

#180     May 29, 2018