secrets of traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ktrich, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Not the same guy. Dan O'brien is the head traders name and its Larry Levins room. You def get books and course work but its not like they say "here....good luck kid" Dan trades all day and only leaves for lunch...But everyone in the room helps out which is what got me hooked. You take classes also @ night but the real education came from trading and following along. My mentor made sure I worked on a sim til he felt I was ready to go.

#51     Mar 22, 2010

2. Traders Audio doesn´t go half way to giving the info that the PitNoise Room gives IMO. The volume chart is more important than the Audio, although together they do give a great result.

PitNoise is a bit more expensive, but it is worth it. 30 day free trial too. Paul Hart is a class act, really nice guy.

I have to say. If I was trading SP full time, I would subscribe to PitNoise, in a blink. If only for the value the volume chart offer and the fact that I got on really well with Paul and it relieves some of the daily boredom routine trading from home on ones own - He is a true professional. Its amazing to me that he types chat messages whilst quoting like that - HE is a class act.

PitNoise is great.

#52     Mar 22, 2010
  3. I use tradestation which for the most part duplicated my charts to the time and ticks. But they don't have the market delta which I use to monitor my trades. Paul is AWESOME!!!

I'm sure they will ask if I want more time...I have a good relationship with John and he doesn't ever pressure me with anything besides to stay consistent and disciplined

#53     Mar 22, 2010
  4. tango29

tango29

Lol, that was the guys name. And yea, at least then he disappeared regularly when he had calls go against him. lol I think back then he said he had bought the rights to the material and was selling it as well as the room.

#54     Mar 22, 2010
  5. CONR

CONR

Ask Larry about his pretend BMW.

#55     Mar 22, 2010
  6. ROFL - I saw that thread ages ago talking about his fake BMW, it made me laugh then, and it makes me laugh now.

I think I can safely say that however much his course may lack anything worth more than a few hundred dollars I do find it hard to believe that Larry can not afford a BMW like that. He has been working on the CME for decades after all, and just his SOT business must bring in a tidy sum, their VTR is full of employees and they must be raking in some serious dough there - I can only imagine how many newbies his CNBC and Bloomberg appearances must bring in week in week out.

As for him lying about his car, that really is PizS funny. Who knows, maybe he really does drive a skoda... LOL

Nice.

#56     Mar 22, 2010
  7. Its pretty funny. Mickey just posted over at T2W... LOL. Just as here, there was a 1 off poster ranting about how great SOT really is....

Will Mickey now come here we ask ourselves. OR; has he already been ?

HHMMMMMMMMM ?

#57     Mar 22, 2010
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I know Larry Levin from many years ago and have the utmost respect for the man.

I think all educational materials come under criticism from varying experience levels. I laugh ever day at most all the fools here on ET including how the hell Jack Hershey has come to be a hero here amazes me.

Let me enlighten most of you

Jack Hershey = fake

Larry Levine = real

now do you need what Larry provides? Maybe you do maybe you don't only you know your skill level and where your at in the food chain.

#58     Mar 22, 2010
  9. CONR

CONR

You know him? You don't even know how to spell his name. How much did he pay you to post? You're a fake, he's a fake.

#59     Mar 23, 2010
  10. And let me guess...your the real deal

I'm sure your down in the pits as we speak making a million bucks a trade. You sound like you have a personal vendetta against the man...I checked him out on the NFA and he's legit. So why so much hatred toward the man?

#60     Mar 23, 2010