secrets of traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ktrich, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Hey there, Just wanted to forward you all an email from Larry, apparently business is booming and he wants to expand...I am sure there will be takers for this venture. Best of luck, I am sure he would make an excellent business partner.

JR

James,

Attention readers: Larry Levin is seeking someone with a strong desire to market their Forex, Options and/ or Stock program as a successful investing product.

PARTNER DESCRIPTION
    Larry Levin and Secrets of Traders is seeking an individual with a CURRENT trading product or written program for one or more of the following markets: Forex, Options and/ or Stocks.

Larry Levin and his team will work with you to package and market your product, utilizing our extensive database of 40,000+ loyal followers worldwide who are interested in investing education.

If your Program is selected, you will receive a portion of the profit generated from marketing and promotion. There is also the possibility of Secrets of Traders purchasing the rights to your program.

This is an exciting opportunity to market your product on an international level, with one of the most successful traders in the industry!

Larry Levin's products come packaged in various formats, ranging from books to DVD's to a Virtual Trading Room. Larry will convert all information into a similar format and market it in the same way he does his own Programs.

CREDENTIALS & REQUIREMENTS
    It is recommended that applicants have had experience in the markets and/or investing. It is required that most or all materials have been compiled in a usable format, preferably writing, graphic, or electronic.

Though having a background in trading is not required, it is a significant advantage.

For anyone who seeks to turn their valuable trading knowledge into a finished product and market it to the public, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you.

Working with Larry Levin will enable you to transform your trading ideas into a reality. You will also have the opportunity to learn from and possibly partner with one of the most successful traders in the history of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.

Please email products and resumes to. No phone calls.

Best trades to you,
    The Secrets of Traders Team

In an effort to comply with all applicable rules and regulations please be so kind and read the disclaimer below:

Risk Disclosure Statement

DISCLAIMER

"PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS MAY HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM."

"ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY EFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS."

The risk of loss in trading commodity futures contracts can be substantial. You should, therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources. You should be aware of the following points:

(1) You may sustain a total loss of the funds that you deposit with your broker to establish or maintain a position in the commodity futures market, and you may incur losses beyond these amounts. If the market moves against your position, you may be called upon by your broker to deposit a substantial amount of additional margin funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position. If you do not provide the required funds within the time required by your broker, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your account.

(2) Under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This can occur, for example, when the market reaches a daily price fluctuation limit ("limit move").

(3) Placing contingent orders, such as "stop-loss" or "stop-limit" orders, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions on the exchange where the order is placed may make it impossible to execute such orders.

(4) All futures positions involve risk, and a "spread" position may not be less risky than an outright "long" or "short" position.

(5) The high degree of leverage (gearing) that is often obtainable in futures trading because of the small margin requirements can work against you as well as for you. Leverage (gearing) can lead to large losses as well as gains.

(6) You should consult your broker concerning the nature of the protections available to safeguard funds or property deposited for your account.

ALL OF THE POINTS NOTED ABOVE APPLY TO ALL FUTURES TRADING WHETHER FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. IN ADDITION, IF YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING TRADING FOREIGN FUTURES OR OPTIONS CONTRACTS, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL RISKS:

(7) Foreign futures transactions involve executing and clearing trades on a foreign exchange. This is the case even if the foreign exchange is formally "linked" to a domestic exchange, whereby a trade executed on one exchange liquidates or establishes a position on the other exchange. No domestic organization regulates the activities of a foreign exchange, including the execution, delivery, and clearing of transactions on such an exchange, and no domestic regulator has the power to compel enforcement of the rules of the foreign exchange or the laws of the foreign country. Moreover, such laws or regulations will vary depending on the foreign country in which the transaction occurs. For these reasons, customers who trade on foreign exchanges may not be afforded certain of the protections which apply to domestic transactions, including the right to use domestic alternative dispute resolution procedures. In particular, funds received from customers to margin foreign futures transactions may not be provided the same protections as funds received to margin futures transactions on domestic exchanges. Before you trade, you should familiarize yourself with the foreign rules which will apply to your particular transaction.

(8) Finally, you should be aware that the price of any foreign futures or option contract and, therefore, the potential profit and loss resulting therefrom, may be affected by any fluctuation in the foreign exchange rate between the time the order is placed and the foreign futures contract is liquidated or the foreign option contract is liquidated or exercised.

THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT, OF COURSE, DISCLOSE ALL THE RISKS AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE COMMODITY MARKETS

#21     Jul 21, 2009
  2. BonTrade

BonTrade

Id be very interested in talking to you about this Mr Maynard. Could we discuss this over PM or IM ?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

#22     Sep 25, 2009
  3. Looks like the guy's boxes broke, and he is looking for new systems. Fair enough.

Why would anyone with a successful system need LL to make money?

Sales pitch.

Well, no shit. LL recommends anyone having developed a superior system also have a background in trading. Whodu thunkit?

How would a system developer know they had a superior system without possessing trading knowledge? More sales pitch.

Well, Mr. LL, successful traders are rarely duped by sales pitches, unless the trader is on vacation at a desert island resort, loaded up with alcohol and propositioned by one of the female locals. The best opportunity for any trader with a superior system is to clam up about it, use it, retire young, and teach it to as many of their children as do not wish to slave at a job all of their lives. There is a reason why snakeoil salesmen on ET, YT and TL prey on new traders without their own superior systems, instead of veteran winners. Not that the newbies to trading could tell the difference between veterans and snakeoil, but that is another thread.

Sorry, Mr. LL, you offer nothing we need, desire or are even curious to waste time on.

#23     Dec 3, 2009
  4. CONR

CONR

What's funny is he was on one of these threads bragging about his BMW. Probably drives a Kia.

#24     Dec 4, 2009
  5. M Jared

M Jared

As a previous poster said Lavins course is market profile and candlesticks.You can get that for 60 bucks

#25     Dec 4, 2009
  6. I guess my question is not about the course itself, and the cost of the course, but rather the trading room and the directives given in the room. Their results appear very impressive. Has anyone on this thread utilized the trading room and directives and if so were they successful?

#26     Dec 8, 2009
  7. Did you read the thread before posting? It was more than obvious what the answer is.

#27     Dec 8, 2009
  8. CONR

CONR

It's a scam. You need to do it on your own. If you want to follow someone, go to stocktwits.com. All kinds of people to trade behind and it's free except when you follow someone's trade and get stung.

#28     Dec 8, 2009
  9. I have read the complete thread, and I still do not get an answer to a seemingly simple question.

JRMaynard indicates he bought the course which would imply that he used the trading room and the directives. Did he make money, did he lose money? Has anyone else bought the course? Did anyone use the trading room? Did they make money, did they lose money?

I am a seasoned trader. The edge that I could see when they gave me a peek into the trading room was an indicator when large institutional block trades were about to hit the market. The indicator gave an edge as to whether the buildup of these trades were going to move the market long or short...it wasn't rocket science and it wasn't information that I could access myself. Is it bogus, this indicator? Is it something I can access through another source? Are my questions clear enough?

I know the course is completely overpriced. But is the trading room effective?

I'm not going to follow someone else unless they have some sort of edge. Thanks for your insights.

#29     Dec 9, 2009
  10. CONR

CONR

Subscribe to http://www.tradersaudio.com/index.html

#30     Dec 9, 2009