secrets of traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ktrich, Dec 29, 2008.

1. I wouldn't put it past that scam artist for those statements to be completely fake

#11     Dec 29, 2008
  2. Larry explaining how he really makes his money trading.(I read that this edge is no longer available so my guess is this is why Larry is working extra hard selling his course)

http://www.allbusiness.com/specialty-businesses/326531-1.html

Levin, who also helps run the Chicago-based educational firm Secrets of Traders, primarily trades on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange these days. Working with partner Jim Denny in the trading pit, Levin arbitrages the E-mini S&P 500 and the full-sized S&P contract. He exploits the split-second discrepancies between the two contracts, the specifications of which are identical except for the position size they represent. Levin trades about 2,000 E-minis and sometimes as many as 5,000 a day, hoping for about 2 1/2 ticks per arb.

"That [arbitrage] is a gold mine for a lot of guys down there," Levin says. "The idea is to get that little bit in between. We always look for it in the big S&P first because I can do it so much faster on Globex. Say that [my partner] sells 10 contracts. He then tells me to buy 50, and I do it just like that. The way we do it, we're robots."

#13     Dec 29, 2008
  3. ktrich

ktrich

thanks

#14     Dec 29, 2008
  4. #15     Dec 30, 2008
  5. So, you scour the web looking for pics of other people's cars in an effort to impress some clowns on an internet BB whom you hold in ill-regard? Then you proceed to search ebay for some ghetto bling once you're caught in an absurd lie? Is that about right?

Ooooh, consider me a believer. Sign me up right now!

#16     Dec 30, 2008

6. Oh yes, you are Larry Levin! I just turned on CNBC, but you're nowhere to be found! I can see why you like these exclaimation points! They are very effective! Are you planning to bid on those rims!? Let me know!

I will book a flight out of Heathrow as soon as I click the submit reply button!

#17     Dec 30, 2008
  7. Regarding the SP/ES futures arbitrage. The prop traders at Quad are probably the most successful buy-side players in that arbitrage and it's been traded flat. SUSQ and Jane St are also heavy players. The banks and boys at Quad aren't handing this putz a dime. It's obvious why Levin is selling snake oil.

#18     Dec 30, 2008
  8. I don't know if this guy is Larry Levin or not but Levin's free newsletter is an interesting read, one of the few I'll take the time to read through. Don't know about his training though.

#19     Dec 31, 2008
  9. Hello,

I can absolutely assure you that Larry Levin has absolutely nothing going for him...A complete waste of money. If you want what he offers, I will give it to you for free. I bought the course and found it effectively useless...but If you want it, I will fire it your way....free of charge....will even pay for the shipping. The only thing I want in return is that you pay it forward. Read it, realize that it is a load of crap, and do the same.

Best,

JR

#20     Jul 21, 2009