Secrets of the world's greatest hedge fund revealed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gambit, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Gambit

Gambit

I want to thank all of ET for their support of me and other members who are dealing with major health issues. It is truly heartwarming to receive support from people I've never even met.

I want to repay all of you in a meaningful fashion. To this end, I have discovered the secrets of the world's greatest hedge fund, Renaissance Technologies and will now divulge those secrets. Enclosed in this pdf is information that will BLOW your M1ND! If you thought Charles Tanti's no lose bond arbitrage system was amazing, wait till you read this paper.

KeLo, Xela, tommcginnis and 4 others like this.
  2. Simples

Simples

From the bottom of my heart, my deepest regret now is only not studying this years ago when I began my quest. Now it is finally over, and I finally see now, what Wang et. al. was trying to say so long ago. But no, we just didn't listen and fucked it all up.

For me it was the throughput that was missing. What was missing for you all?

Gambit likes this.
  3. Gambit

Gambit

I.P. Freely's keen insight into market behavior.

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

The aha moment for me was when that block size stayed constant across successive generations of IBM PC Juniors.

I will be applying this new ambimorphic dynamic of cyberinformatics in my multi-plexing array next year, and to great success!

Gambit likes this.
  5. tfp

tfp

April 1st has come early this rolltide season, you have indeed found the unspoken secrets of trading success!

There’s a typo on page 1, but once this is fixed, the meticulous effort and care by the authors is impressive.

The irony is this is probably the most effective paper ever written about non-Bayesian trading systems...

Gambit likes this.
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Thanks for your generosity, once Handle123 takes off his hedged soy bean trade from the 70's he might share with you his cure for Cancer or was it narcolepsy, I can't remember but it has to do with some kind of Texas snake venom and cacti .

Gambit and vanzandt like this.
  7. fan27

fan27

From now on, before anyone asks any trading related question on this site, they need to be required to read that paper first.

Gambit likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

You crack me up. :D

Gambit likes this.
  9. mfocus

mfocus

Indeed, full of Black Swan Droppings.

Gambit likes this.
  10. Gambit

Gambit

Does the patient have to be bit by a rattlesnake? LOL!

#10     Dec 29, 2017