Secretary Paulson directs US Treasury to sell Fort Knox gold for FED cash!!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Trendytrader, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Your obvious lack of historical context betrays you.

You have no understanding of why Nixon ultimately trashed Bretton Woods do you?

#21     Mar 19, 2008
  2. Gotta love the quote:

"The streght of a nation's currency is based in the strenght of that nation's economy"

LMAO...

#22     Mar 20, 2008
  3. daybyday

daybyday

4. you might be used to this by now, what with over 1,800 posts to your credit,

just as a suggestion, enlighten all these dumb people with your brilliance, and simply just take the time to explain your comments,

or explain what the answer is to your question regarding Bretton Woods and the change off the gold standard....

As I recall, at that time the greatest method of consumer purchase was called "lay away plans",

after the change in the monetization of the currency (US Dollar, and by extent, other world currencies) was the explosion of both the foreign currency trading operations (Forex) at most commercial and investment banks, as well as the explosion in the usage of consumer credit, both for durable goods (large, longer term consumables) as well as mortgages.

so, since I have started the ball rolling, why not score the basket and complete the question with a complete answer, so that all these dumb dumbs can wisenheimer up.....

#24     Mar 20, 2008
  5. Since we have almost the same amount of posts in the same amount of time I yield to my peer.

Besides you've started well....I frankly don't have time to wise up the wisenheimers.

#25     Mar 20, 2008
  6. rofl :D :D :D

very well said....

#26     Mar 20, 2008
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

It took 4 pages to call this guy's bluff?

Regardless of what one believes about the Fed, gold standard or economy, why in the world would they believe some anonymous ET guy with alleged "connections" to the Sec. of Treasury's secret actions?

One of the scariest things about our society is how quickly people buy into this nutty conspiracy stuff--whether it's this, the way-out 9/11 theories or the government creating AIDS to kill off certain groups. Give me a freakin' break.

Even if you think the US gov't wants to do such things, they're way too much of an inefficient, bumbling bureaucracy to pull any of this stuff off. If you've ever worked with or for them, you know what I mean...

#27     Mar 20, 2008
  8. OK I fess up..I was pulling everyones bluff. :) But you know we are in interesting times so nothing would surprise me.

#28     Mar 20, 2008
  9. i just loved that Nixon video.... blaming speculators for what he and his corrupt buddies did to the USD... and to the world economy...

Watergate came too late...

#29     Mar 20, 2008
  10. I love the "My sources tell me..." crap.

Give it a rest, tin foil hat wearing nutjobs. Gold goes up and down like EVERY OTHER investment. And it's up moves are violent, just as it's down moves are equally, if not more, violent. Greed has half the velocity of fear.

Is the Fed manipulating oil, too?

So unless you have actual proof showing where Paulson told the Treasury to sell Knox gold - go back to Kitco. You can post about it on their forums. It'll fit nicely under the "Aliens are mining our gold for profit" article.

#30     Mar 20, 2008