Secret to success

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Batman28, Mar 23, 2007.

1. LMAO......what the hell would a coward know about potential.

the coward likes to stand on his soapbox & preach right & wrong but never gets his hands dirty & avoids the trenches like the plague.

the reason i knew you were never a trader is because you insist that there is this "BIG SECRET"..........that`s a paper(joe public) mindset,boy.

let me know when you open your account,coward.......until then make like a vapor trail........your smack is old news here.

#21     Mar 25, 2007
  2. mujoh

mujoh

If trading is sooooo easy why don't you trade yourself then?

And blaming Spooz to be a bad trader although he posts consistant results in the P/L thread shows that you simply don't know what you are talking about...

#22     Mar 25, 2007

3. haha.. you guys, you guys..

did i ever said i'm a successful trader?

the funniest thing is 99% of members on this forum are convinced trading is the best thing to do - sure because they love it. but IS IT ACTUALLY THE FIELD IN WHICH THEY CAN FULLY ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL? no. This is because they don't just want to make money, they want to make money through TRADING. - there is no problem with that - loving what you do maybe is more important than how much money you make. but it's the arragont that shines thinking all others who don't trade are idiots. the truth is if you can actually run a business, be it financial markets or other, you make more money than 99% of all successful traders in the market. even the $1bil hedge fund managers run a business model.

I tel you the funniest part of it. The brightest minds here in London, from the best universities and others, are all forced into financial services - trading/sales/banking - where in fact only 15% of them really stand out. so what do you get? what's the end result? the result is you get a poor public school boy starting a business and making more money through it than all the others put together. why? because all the smartest kids are vaccumed into the black hole of londons city of finance. the industry itself is a bubble of indivdual rats who want to just live a impression for others. that they 'make it' through one of the hardest field - more than anything else, more than the art itself. the end result is idiots like Spooz who is offended more than anything else to be receiving any thoughts from a person with my background. be it those, who are actually successful in this field, dont even reply to threads like this. consider what i've said false, and dis-regeard my background or experience. if the only motivation for you reading this thread was not to think of your own opinion, you woudln't even read this thread. and those who reply on the lines of Spooz, remind us of the weak souls who have yet failed to find an opinion of their own.. i don't know a single real successful trader that posts trades in a journal.

#23     Mar 25, 2007
  4. Well, what are you successful at then, if not trading?

This site is called ELITE TRADER which obviously attracts people who like to trade. Whats your business here then? You're sending some mixed messages here. You participate on this site and then tell people "trading isnt hard" and then say that you "dont trade". I'm really confused why you are here. Can you explain?

#24     Mar 25, 2007
  5. Opra

Opra

I thought you were here to discuss the traits that contribute to successful trading (regardless of the merit of T sense or what it is), but now you are way off the track. At least stay on topic with a zen-like mindset if you have conviction in your belief.

If you are talking about statistics, in any worthwhile human endeavor, there is less than 5% that stand out (sports, music/art, or public school educated boys/girls starting a business), so what's the point of bringing that up? On the other hand, you are safely assert that 99% of the "smartest kids are vaccumed into the black hole of londons city" make far more than the 99% of the "poor public school boys" (I don't want to disparage public school kids), so what does that tell you?

So advance your argument with a "T sense"....or suspend what you think for a minute and listen...

#25     Mar 25, 2007
  6. mujoh

mujoh

Batman28,

if you have success in another area than trading then ...well done and my honest congratulation.
    But as long as you have never put any real money on the table in trading you shouldn't tell successful traders like Steve Tvardek or Spooz Top how to approach the market.
    It always reminds me to people who tell you how to educate kids without being parents themselves. Or do you think that anybody would take a person without a driving license serious when he wants to tell Michael Schumacher how to drive a formula one race car?

#26     Mar 25, 2007
  7. I have been on this forum long enough to know very well that hardly anyone here actually reads or understands what i say.

I say it once more, I'm not a trader. I don't trader. I'm not trading. I just don't understand why whenever I have made a comment here on trading as a career, everyone else wants me to trade and then talk.

again I don't trade.

My background is in economics. I am also interested in philosophy. I am interested in the general financial markets, its participants and speficific areas such as hedge funds. I have met many active traders/investors/portfolio managers/sales people etc. I currently work closely with some traders - my role is not trading. In fact, trading/financial markets is not even my primary interest in life. (same for most successful traders).

given the complex strucutre of the market and its participants and their motivations, you get a very interesting set up - where thousands, millions and billions of opinions, views, idealogies, philosophies, ideas, models etc. are thrown about as the ultimate denominator. this is what attracts me the most. more importantly, as most of what is there, applies to other parts of life, if not derived from them in most cases. e.g. natural sciences and psychology. from my experience (NOT IN TRADING, NOT IN TRADING), any person with sufficient knowledge of nature and man can succeed in trading. and successful traders often have conquared many challenges man faces in various fields, such as patience, control of the 2nd mind and ego.

Steve Tvardek, there are many people here on this forum for many different reasons. I'm not sending wrong messages. trading itself isn't hard. what I have said is that there is a more important area that you may focus on that can help you succeed - not only in trading. the only exception I have ever made is day-trading. specifically directional intra-day trading (i.e. non-arbitrage). I have strong views that over a long period of time, chances of success is zero. but thats a whole different topic - but on the same line - relates to the skills limits of man. as far as success goes, I feel I have somewhat succeeded, but it's a totally different thing to what we've discussed, and success is always objective and we don't define it in the same way. but it's not material at all.

#27     Mar 25, 2007
  8. maxpi

maxpi

This is funny, I have had huge success with T sense and never knew the name of it until yesterday. I also have some trading skills so I might be a person here that can comment on the application to trading and I did that.

In a martial arts sense, T sense, [I googled that term and got almost nothing btw] is best developed by the Japanese Sword schools and the Tai Chi or Southern Chinese martial arts schools perhaps. I have a buddy that is disabled and living in a rehab hospital. When he is asleep I can walk in his room and just look at him for a couple seconds and he wakes up and starts talking with me. He has lots of stories about his work in Vietnam and has too much T sense, I'm thinking. He did well as an engineer after the war so T sense does not interfere with learning and working much at all but he seems to be a little disturbed all the time, maybe it is because of excess T sense, or he gained this T sense skill, never knew what it was and could not shake it when it was no longer vital.

You have to be in a situation where your reason will not help you and the outcome is life threatening almost before you switch to your T sense. Lots of traders seem to develop a gut feel for trades probably due to being panicked a few times by the markets. It works very, very well when driving if you try to be conscious of your day dreams. If you have a day dream about a bad situation, take your foot off the gas and become very alert, in my experience, it will only be 5 seconds before the pickup truck is coming straight at you passing a long line of cars. The T sense, in that situation, will allow you to take a reasonable action rather than over react and make things worse. My wife has all kinds of T sense, she was driving once and something told her to stop, so she stopped right before an intersection and a car went through the stop sign at a super high rate of speed, my daughter was in the car and she said the car was going so fast it had a dust rooster tail 20 feet high [it was in the desert] and it was out of sight in a matter of just seconds.

T sense is a very, very short term thing, I know a guy that only takes trades if his gut agrees but his strategy is pretty much one that will give him a string of successes and a huge wipeout later on, his gut says nothing about the huge wipeout, that takes some intellectual work to discover.

Conventional wisdom about how humans are made and operate is just wrong a lot. Same goes for nearly all areas of life I'm finding, Jack Hershey talks about it regarding trading, I'm finding it is everywhere, like weeds but way worse, it has overgrown every simple truth to the point where it is hard to get to the simple truth. I'm going to work on a T sense for detecting conventional wisdom. I wondier if the T sense can be developed to do more than just detect "bad event coming". Actually I know it can, in the martial arts it can do all the moves for me way more efficiently than any other sense I have. I wonder if it can be developed to more relate to life in general? Anybody have a clue about that?

#28     Mar 25, 2007
  9. I feel u are onto something. I’m way too confused right now, but sometimes I think conventional wisdom is just the opposite of the truth. I read Jack Hershey as I read Karl Marx. What was up with that guy? Simply wrong, evil or trying too teach in a f….. up way creating unintended consequences. People did not see the irony?

#29     Mar 25, 2007
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

is sense T something like ki in martial arts, wtf, what are you trying to say???

#30     Mar 28, 2007