Secret Federal Reserve Location Revealed, Fed needs a bunker too

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Founder, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Founder, you know what? In total seriousness, as far as I'm concerned, you're the best thing on ET. Pls don't change...

In the spirit of equal opportunity ('cause I still don't know what gender you are), I dedicate this to you:
    http://youtu.be/74e9yEy2oqI

#11     Jul 11, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

Seriously who are you really?

Are you the Stig?

#12     Jul 11, 2011
  3. Hahaha, how very British of you!

Yeah, that's me:
    [​IMG]

#13     Jul 11, 2011
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

Your a goodlooking guy.

#14     Jul 11, 2011
  5. Screw that... I am a SEXY BEAST!

#15     Jul 11, 2011
  6. LeeD

LeeD

That's interesting. I have always been under impression that what we casually call "the Fed" is actually "The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve". So, the Fed itself employs lots of secretaries, a few researchers and some support stuff like lawyers, and for anything else relies on the ficilities of the member banks.

Edit: OK, Fed also emplys the chairman but for the rest of the board the Fed is not their main job. They work for member banks.

More recently, there is also a small number of "enforcement" staff like "investigators" who are in chanrge of verifying that member banks are in compliance with the rules.

To me this sounds like what typically happens to a government agency: a power grab. It's like Secret Service, which started as the president's bodyguards. Then they acquired investigative powers and now they are suddenly in charge of "electronic crime" - in the position I would see FBI if I had to guess.

#16     Jul 11, 2011
  7. Not sure where you get the blowjob bit, but otherwise you got a point... You can call me Lord Helmet, if you like.

http://youtu.be/KhnIqgTEBS8

#17     Jul 11, 2011
  8. QUITTERS never win and WINNERS never quit! HOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHH! :cool:

YOU can be the "LAYDOWN" who quit! :eek:

#18     Jul 11, 2011
  9. Only if you get the master's money. Things change quickly when the money stops. China will not let the US fall it needs to get their investment back. Alot of other nations are holding US debt and the global economy is so intertwined and convoluted the mess of the cotagion is actually keeping the system going. The effects long term will be 2nd nation status for the US for many decades to come. In a way it is an after effect of the cold war. Without another adversary of size the military industrial complex has no purpose.

Akuma

#19     Jul 11, 2011
  10. Because the FED should put their data center in a strip mall; why go with the obvious? Is facebook massively evil becuase they have unmarked data centers in the middle of nowhere? What about google? All their "secret" DCs in un-marked buildings with armed security in rural Oregon? Why not hold these other companies to the same standard of evil?

#20     Jul 11, 2011