Secret edge , loophole .....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Surprise, Mar 5, 2011.

1. wow, what insight :confused:

#31     Mar 5, 2011
  2. Well apparantly SOMEone had a long signal below 10000 and did quite well with it. Not saying it was me, but ...

(Just playin' with ya NoD. )
    :)

#32     Mar 5, 2011
  3. lol

#33     Mar 5, 2011
  4. There is time you want to join the herd, then there is time you want to get out of it. Timing is everything, I wouldn't want you confused it with timing the market, but, you should always react to the market, never predicate it, at last, be knowing yourself.

Causality-there is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace, is to understand it. To understand the "why." "Why" is what seperates us from them..."Why" is the only real source of power, without it you are powerless. MEROVINGIAN, The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

#34     Mar 5, 2011
  5. I recently discovered position trading and trading longer timeframes with the trend seems to be slightly profitable. Even if you are "always in" and reversing.

...so I am not sure I agree with this quote I parsed below...Last week I might have, but as I say I have recently discovered something that I missed.

the market is always trending on some timeframe and I would ask WHY?

ElectricBelievesHeHasFoundAnEdgeSavant

#35     Mar 5, 2011
  6. Surprise

Surprise

Thanks for the comments ..

In soccer are there written rules if u follow u will score a goal ?

You can make money but not by following x method or y edge , there is no such thing as an edge that can be written in a stone ... If there is such thing as a clear setup then who will be on the other side of the trade ?

#36     Mar 5, 2011
  7. Yeah Good Point..

But there are strategies that have worked year in and year out for a long time...I think many traders overlook them for something more sexy...

ES

#37     Mar 5, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

A tricycle is not the same thing as a Corvette, even though they both have wheels. Soccer is not the same as trading. Surprise!

The people on the other side of the trade are those who don't know what a clear setup is. Surprise again!

#38     Mar 5, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

people on the other side could be closing a trade for a profit,it doesnt mattter,there are so many ways to trade and so many setups,take what you know and profit.. one guy uses fibs, another waves another.... and another......forget about the other traders ....just watch the market....reading the market is the edge....wait for a setup and trade accordingly...you are the edge..look no further

#39     Mar 6, 2011
  10. +1

#40     Mar 6, 2011