Secret defense bill slipped through the house today

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RiceRocket, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I just find it so interesting the outrage of spending money on the failing US economy, but no one notices the near same level of spending on military being slipped through without a word.

Smoke and mirrors is what this whole bailout package is.

#11     Sep 24, 2008
  2. Exactly.

Yet some people here on ET are too stupid to figure that out.
    And to top it all off, they call it a "secret" defense spending bill.
    :D

#12     Sep 24, 2008
  3. 'Tis why my bugout plans are in place at the first sign of the criminal class going out of control.

#13     Sep 24, 2008
  4. The police presence has definitely been scaled-up in Chicago. The cops cruise around on 4 wheelers and segways everywhere.

:D

#15     Sep 24, 2008
  5. :D

#16     Sep 24, 2008
  6. I'm ex Law Enforcement,and dread my phone ringing with the offer of a "job". I"d take it, but I sure don't wanna.:(

#17     Sep 24, 2008
  7. ken__0

ken__0

Yeah check this sh!t out
    http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/09/army_homeland_090708w/

nobody cares anymore about the Constitutution:(

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  8. ken__0,

nothing like a few war veterans shell-shocked and traumatized to handle civilian security... just like a walk in the park.
    Dispersing crowds gathering, looking out for snipers on the rooftops, not letting eyes go off mothers with baby wagons - could be a suicider ... ah, they are sure going to be relaxing those nerves, while still on duty, taking care of business back home.

Sounds like a good plan. Just recently here in Brazil, the army was helping keep the peace in Rio de Janeiro. They caught some delinquent minors messing about with small crime; they rounded them up and dropped them off in the district of a competing gang...
    Effective elimination. You don't get to say: "I want my lawyer!" to military soldiers... They are well trained for one thing. :)

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  9. ken__0

ken__0

Yeah thats what bother's me.
    the whole dont follow a immoral order thing just hasnt set in with them.
    When you think about even with a 30-1 kill ratio
    we civ would still win
    but i still wouldnt wanna be one of the 30

#20     Sep 25, 2008