Secondary Job Ideas While Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by saltycoot, Nov 12, 2009.

1. i don't know about futures but options don't always move with the stock plus you can't trade them pre or after market

#31     Nov 14, 2009
  2. Not for nothing, but the amount of workers who could do this at a high attention rate without getting into trouble would probably be less than 5%. Whether you work in marketing, finance, or any other kind of office work, it would be tough for most workers to pull off. So consider youself lucky.

#32     Nov 15, 2009
  3. marketwizards

marketwizards Guest

trading is your 'second job' supplemental income

#33     Nov 15, 2009
  4. marketwizards

marketwizards Guest

if you can't make a living or not enough money in prop trading or no future in daytrading or prop trading a lot of these prop firms offices are like sweat shops in how they treat the 'contrators'===QUIT the job and move on.

#34     Nov 15, 2009
  5. My theory is that if you haven't owned your own business, or had some kind of significant technical or managerial role in business, you aren't qualified to trade at all....

How many great traders came from cushy gov't jobs?

none that I know of.

I've learned this the hard way - I am a hell of a lot more prepared to trade and know when NOT to trade now that I am self-employed. - Some firms give priority to elite athletes etc.... but there is nothing better for your psychology than being able to deal with challenging situations that being self-employed will create for you.

Trading is just a 2nd job until you have an edge and the appropriate funds to trade it without blowing yourself up.

And 99% of all prop firms cannot help you with being successful in the comments noted above.. otherwise its just a kind lie you buy into without having done the proper psychological work required to succeed in the challenging environment that real trading is about...

#35     Nov 15, 2009
  6. +1

#36     Nov 15, 2009