Second Coldest Spring In U.S. History

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Apr 27, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Here is a little more from that article.

During the lecture, Easterbrook debunked several more favorite global warming beliefs. He demonstrated sea levels have only been rising by about seven inches a century since the Little Ice Age, which has little to do with melting glacial ice. He also demonstrated severe storms were not becoming more frequent, but actually less frequent. Neither did he fail to say that ocean acidification is a myth, or that global warming advocates were tampering with the data -- all of which left one particular Democratic senator stunned.

Even though similar scientific arguments have been readily available for anyone to read for several years now, it was obviously the first time the Democratic senator had ever been confronted with such a scientific presentation of the evidence contrary to his own global warming outlook. His political point of view had insulated him from seeing reality -- which Don Easterbrook constantly tried to correct with empirical scientific data rather than with politicized computer models. The great problem, however, is that climate change advocates have become willfully snow blind.

#11     Apr 28, 2013
  2. No, NOAA was not caught manipulating numbers. Certainly not in a fraudulent way like the denier machine does. Besides, there are thousands of temperature data sources and they all show the same general rates of temp increase.

It's very convenient for the denier morons to just dismiss the best source of objective information on the atmosphere.

#12     Apr 28, 2013
  3. Why oh why can't you denier morons ever use authoritative trustworthy sources?

Oh wait, I know why.

#13     Apr 28, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

You are an idiot futurecunt. You even PREFER to use manipulated data than actual data! What a moron.

Recent revelations from the Climategate emails, originating from the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, showed how all the data centers — most notably NOAA and NASA — conspired in the manipulation of global temperature records to suggest that temperatures in the 20th century rose faster than they actually did.

...the global surface station data is seriously compromised.

There was a major station dropout — and an increase in missing data from remaining stations — which occurred suddenly around 1990. Just about the time the global warming issue was being elevated to importance in political and environmental circles.

A clear bias was found towards removing higher elevation, higher latitude, and rural stations — the cooler stations — during this culling process, though that data was not also removed from the base periods from which “averages,” and then anomalies, were computed.

#14     Apr 28, 2013
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Then this must be an underwater volcano....

"From North Carolina to Maine, the waters have been unusually warm lately.

This is according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's

Northeast Fisheries Science Center, which issued an advisory today noting that

sea surface temperatures in the Northeast Shelf Large Marine Ecosystem

during the second half of 2012 were the highest recorded in 150 years...."

#15     Apr 28, 2013
  6. pspr

pspr

Much ado about nothing related to this thread topic. From the same story:

"These drastic changes have not been noted elsewhere in the ocean basin.."

#16     Apr 28, 2013

7. I know you like repeating lies and lying but the above is a lie, liar.

Even assuming the above is true, which it's not, ocean temps have risen right along with it along with ice melting everywhere, seas rising, etc.

[​IMG]

The fact is that CO2 levels have gone up 35% in the last 150 years due to man. CO2 is a greenhouse gas. How could that NOT make temps go up? It's a very simple common sense thing......... that the fossil fuel industry wants to keep you confused about. The science is settled. 97% of the world's climatologists and all the world's science organizations are in agreement about it.

The deniers just look ignorant and foolish now. Sorry pisspoor, but that means you. Especially you.

#17     Apr 28, 2013
  8. jem

jem

you are so purposely ignorant.
    we have gone over this this a dozen times.

But we will try a new approach.

Based on scientific data or models which are working....

Tell us how much that man made CO2 contributed to the warming you say we are seeing.

a. what warming are you referencing.
    b. how do you determine the percentage.
    c. what models are you currently using and how have you validated them.

if you cant answer those questions... you yourself know your a full of shit leftist drone.

#18     Apr 28, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

You are a boorish amateur, futurecunt. The emails and other facts about the NOAA data manipulation are true. Maybe not illegal, but true. In fact, there are more data manipulations discovered this year that throw all their global warming data into question.

CO2 is a trace gas. So minute that it is difficult to measure! You are just a pawn in the quest for more money from taxpayers and government. Al Gore is nearing billionaire status thanks to his global warming loons like yourself. You have been and remain an ignorant patsy in a liberal lie.

The science IS becoming settled. More scientists and journalists are realizing that they have been had and that global warming and CO2 are synonymous with being played for a fool. For instance:
    ----

Uh oh, somebody in Germany in a position to influence others in the Green movement has started thinking for himself, shrugging off suggestions from a climate scientist that “its all in his head”.

Pierre Gosselin reports about a story by lefty journalist Harald Martenstein of Die Zeit:

“I was ready to open my home to the Schröders as soon as they would no longer be able to take the 60°C heat in the shade. But instead it got colder and colder. At Uckermark in the wintertime it was -20°C for weeks.”

Martenstein also noticed that Britain had endured its coldest winter in 30 years, Florida got covered by icicles, and the cold seemed to be spreading everywhere. So he pleaded that people should emit more CO2 - so that he could stay warm.

His plea, however, prompted an invitation from a “scientist at a very nice climate institute“:

He showed me tables and graphs that clearly depicted it was getting warmer. He believed that I was just a victim of my own subjective imagination. Memory can fool you. One thinks that during childhood it was warm from May to September, but in reality its was warm only 3 days, and it is those 3 days that one remembers intensively. The tables from climate scientists, on the other hand, do not lie.”

Martenstein then recounts the past winter and how it seemed to him as being the longest and hardest he could remember, but telling himself that it was probably just his warped subjectivity acting up again. He writes:

But suddenly I read in the paper that a number of climate scientists had changed their minds. Now they were saying it is not going to get warmer, but colder, at least in Europe. Whatever happened to the tables I now ask myself.”

This kind of science would never fly in biology or physics, Martenstein writes. ”But with climate science it seems they are allowed to get away with everything.”

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/04/19/the-unraveling-of-global-warming-is-accelerating/

#19     Apr 28, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

So says the pizza delivery guy who moonlights playing the ukelele.

[​IMG]

#20     Apr 28, 2013