Second Amendment Essential To Fighting Domestic Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Feb 18, 2009.

1. =====================================

Many people assumed [wrongly i think ] President Barack would treat USA like Chicago/gun haters. I dont think he is that stupid @ all & i watch Chicago trends.

Neat the way supreme court sided with NRA, during Presdental primaries.

I think President Barack is serious when he said'' Abraham Lincoln let them keep thier horses & guns to shoot crows''

Speaking of wildlife/domestic terror. Wow , someone called 911;
    chimp gone ape tried to ''rip a human face off'', did in fact bite both hands off........................................................................
    Its a shame that citizen did not have a .44 mag or 12 guage /chimp control. Police made a'' good kill shot'';
    but chimp did too much damage waiting on the police to arrive.

:cool:

#11     Feb 18, 2009
  2. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4329

Step 1: Get them registered
    Step 2: Take them away

#12     Feb 18, 2009
  3. Obama supports some gun control
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Obama administration, cited by many Georgia gun owners as the reason they applied for concealed-carry permits last year, supports restrictions on certain kinds of guns and certain kinds of gun sales.

“President Obama believes in the Second Amendment,” White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage said in an e-mail Friday. “He supports common-sense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn’t have them.”

Brundage said Obama supports reviving the expired ban on assault weapons and making it permanent. And he backs closing the “gun show loophole,” whereby individuals may buy weapons from other individuals without background checks or other regulation.

The National Rifle Association campaigned against Obama in last year’s presidential race, warning Americans that “you can’t trust Obama with your guns” and declaring that “Obama would be the most anti-gun president in American history.”

On the campaign trail in September, Obama said: “This has been peddled again and again. Here’s what I believe … people have the right to bear arms. But I also believe there is nothing wrong with some common-sense gun safety measures

#13     Feb 18, 2009
  4. From the White House website:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

The Tiahrt Amendment issue is a smokescreen. It restricts dissemination of ATF data to people having a legitimate reason for it. Obama and his people want to be able to give the data to trail lawyers and activists so tehy can pursue lawsuits aimed at bankrupting gun dealers and manufacturers.

Obama is on record as saying the District of Columbia's total ban on private ownership or possession, even in their own home, of handguns was a "reasonable" regulation. So with that in mind, anything he says that is qualified by phrases such as "reasonable" or "commonsense" is suspect. The so-called "assualt weapons" ban is directed at common semi-auto rifles, and in some cases, pistols and shotguns. For example, in DC any semi-auto pistol that could carry more than 8 rounds was defined as an assault weapon and banned.

Make no mistake. This is the most anti-gun adminstration in history, supported by a far left congress that has an endless list of anti-gun measures on deck. Don't forget, the DC Supreme Court decision establishing the Second Amendment as an individual right was a 5-4 decision. If one conservative justice is replaced, we are back to total gun bans and consfiscation.

#14     Feb 18, 2009
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks for the link Peta. I read the NRA blurb along with the entire H.R. 45 proposal. While I find much of Congressman Rush's bill to be distasteful, as the NRA says it "currently has no co-sponsors". That's a far cry from AAA's statement that "now liberal gun banners have made disarming Americans one of their highest priorites." But it does bear close watching.

Again, it doesn't thrill me to hear this as his notion of common-sense and my notion of common-sense may well be two different things. But at the same time, as I said above, that campaign trail statement is a far cry from your claim that "now liberal gun banners have made disarming Americans one of their highest priorites."

I've searched for this and can't find him on record as saying that. Could you please provide a link from a reputable journal (not hearsay). Thanks.

#15     Feb 18, 2009
  6. ============================
    O777
    You 've come a long way baby,most MODERN sheriffs today would rather a citizen take a hunter ed course, or simply learn the 10 commandments of gun safety.

I dont suppose you are calling President Lincoln a ''southern redneck???LOL President Barack quoted President Lincoln noting he'' let them keep thier horses and guns to shoot crows'':cool:

Now you may prefer to poison your crows[a cruel painful death]. Not me.

Anf a bit funny but still true;
    they did a lockdown in Seattle Zoo.
    FOX news noted ANOTHER monkey on the loose, had fangs like baboon.
    :p

#16     Feb 19, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Government right to ban possession within City limits - even on private property - was struck down by a split, 5-4 margin by the SC. DC Gun Ban.

Obama will appoint how many left-wing, anti-gunners?? 2?

2nd Amendment is under attack. Could see it gone in 5 years.

#17     Feb 19, 2009
  8. there can be no denial that he belittled people's value of the 2nd amendment in the PA primary, at least behind their backs, anyway

the most charitable interpretation, is that he doesnt understand why they value it

the most sinister interpretation, is that he does.....

(and what's with the 'President Barrack' stuff - if that kind of like 'Dr. Phil'? 'Call me by my first name, but remember, it's still 'Doctor', to you')

#18     Feb 19, 2009
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

Here are the 46 senators who voted to give your rights to the U.N.

Baldwin (D-WI)
    Baucus (D-MT)
    Bennett (D-CO)
    Blumenthal (D-CT)
    Boxer (D-CA)
    Brown (D-OH)
    Cantwell (D-WA)
    Cardin (D-MD)
    Carper (D-DE)
    Casey (D-PA)
    Coons (D-DE)
    Cowan (D-MA)
    Durbin (D-IL)
    Feinstein (D-CA)
    Franken (D-MN)
    Gillibrand (D-NY)
    Harkin (D-IA)
    Hirono (D-HI)
    Johnson (D-SD)
    Kaine (D-VA)
    King (I-ME)
    Klobuchar (D-MN)
    Landrieu (D-LA)
    Leahy (D-VT)
    Levin (D-MI)
    McCaskill (D-MO)
    Menendez (D-NJ)
    Merkley (D-OR)
    Mikulski (D-MD)
    Murphy (D-CT)
    Murray (D-WA)
    Nelson (D-FL)
    Reed (D-RI)
    Reid (D-NV)
    Rockefeller (D-WV)
    Sanders (I-VT)
    Schatz (D-HI)
    Schumer (D-NY)
    Shaheen (D-NH)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Udall (D-CO)
    Udall (D-NM)
    Warner (D-VA)
    Warren (D-MA)
    Whitehouse (D-RI)
    Wyden (D-OR)

#19     Oct 22, 2013
  10. jem

jem

wow I did not know about this.

did the small arms treaty include language like UNODA's, memo.

Also those senators must not be americans, first.

#20     Oct 22, 2013