SEC Probes Canceled Trades

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Cdntrader, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Bob111

Bob111

about f* time...

2. Hopefully this leads to something...but my bet is its just politics to show they are trying to do something

Anyone who trades is dizzy from the constant canceling and no fills of fake orders and the zig zag of stocks moving around like its a pin pall machine with no prints going off

good idea...yes

will anything be done.....hahhhahahhha yeah right

3. RobertG

RobertG

The lesson here is that the WS thieves are smarter than the police.
    SEC will stop one thing and the "street" will come up with something else that will be more creative and more brilliant just to put the little trader out. same 'ol same 'ol

4. Three outcomes:

SEC Inquiry, grandstanding by a few politicians looking to get some press, nothing changes.

SEC Inquiry, grandstanding by a few politicians looking to get some press, some legislation is proposed but does not get out of committee, nothing changes.

SEC Inquiry, grandstanding by a few politicians looking to get some press, some legislation is proposed, this legislation is completely watered down and neutered by special interests, a few politicians attach riders to the bill for some gov't pork in their districts, taxes go up for the rest of us, nothing changes.

5. well said

6. piezoe

piezoe

We may be in a period where the SEC is recognizing, and beginning to take seriously, the profound influence that algorithmic trading can have on the nature of markets. If so, that is a first step toward bringing order out of chaos and leveling the playing field. We can't yet know whether constructive further steps will follow. That may depend on politics as well as reason. But we can say with some certainty that if the ones with the most influence and resources are being hurt by the present paradigm, changes will result. If they are not being hurt, than I wouldn't expect much of substance to result. The cynical position, though unhelpful, is often the correct one.

7. jd7419

jd7419

Correct its basically gs,cs,etc hft interests vs the vanguard,fidelity, so called little guy. My bet is on gs.