SEC Probe into 9-11 Israeli connection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Sep 20, 2003.

1. You certainly are confused. There is not one quote, or one named or anonymous source cited for this claim (group of Israelis) . Look at the producer for goodness sakes. TBRnews.org. Look at the site. Look at thier bias.

THere is no credibility to this. Nitro, if some stranger came up to you on the bus and told you this story, offered no proof, no sources, cited no one or no reputable news organizations, would you beleive it?

This story is woven together with the investigation of the put options (true) and puts a rumor of short selling of equities in the story.

Israelis can be Arabs too.

#41     Sep 23, 2003
  2. nitro

nitro

Ok I see what you are saying now.

But are you saying that the article is an outright lie, and that in fact the SEC is not investigating the unusual large volume of put buying pre 9/11?

I guess I am asking, what part of the article do you believe to be blatantly false?

nitro

#42     Sep 23, 2003
  3. The "probe" into "short selling" by the Israeli group is an allegation, unless the writer can substantiate it with sources.

We know that there were large put options executed on companies like the airlines and insurers. The records are public.

All the citations in that article are from individuals from organizations and their statements are not directly related to an investigation. "We would know if there is large put activity". SO would I, so would Bernie Schaeffer, ect.

The author however, has used this issue to tie in an un-named group of Israelis, for short selling STOCK, or depositary receipts on foreign exchanges. The SEC has no jurisdiction in the Frankfurt, Paris, et. al. exchanges and any info has to come from those exchanges.

Add to this association made by the TBRNews.org article the fact that TBSNews.org promotes Holocaust denial, it seems clear to me that TBRNews is not reporting news per se, but trying to cleverly smear a group by exploiting the put options activity and the investigation thereto.

If there is a group of Israelis that short sold those companies on the foreign exchanges, who are they? What were thier positions in the 38 companies and what other position did they have.
    Was this group tied together, or did someone unearth 38 short positions among various Israelis and imply it was conspiratorially related to 9/11?

I would be willing to bet that short positions were opened on all 38 companies in the same time frame stated in the article - Aug 26 - Sept 10 - by various Christian Americans, and that those short positions were closed quickly after trading resumed after 9/11.

I would also be willing to bet that that group of Christian Americans were engaging in normal speculative activity, had positions in many other companies, long and short, and hadno foreknowledge of 9/11,

Can you imagine the response if someone investigated such a group of Christian Americans and found they had short positions in the airlines, insurers, travel business, etc. and that those shorts paid big after 9/11, and they wrote an article implying a conspiracy? The response would be complete dismissal.

A writer can spin anything anyway.
    Sorry for going ballistic earlier.

#43     Sep 23, 2003
  4. Ninja

Ninja

Yes, she certainly is :D

#44     Sep 23, 2003
  5. Good to know

#45     Sep 23, 2003
  6. Ninja

Ninja

You mean good to know how to copy text from the 'Israel Defense Forces' and other biased websites? Your posts are so full of omissions, factoids, and distortions of facts that I don't waste my time and energy here any longer on this thread.

#46     Sep 23, 2003
  7. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

#47     Sep 23, 2003
  8. As I said before, you are indeed clueless.

#48     Sep 24, 2003
  9. Ninja

Ninja

Will not happen. I don't turn my back to you guys.

#49     Sep 24, 2003
  10. Ninja

Ninja

Clueless about what? That you boast about your military history knowlegde and then just copy and paste propagandistic text from the www.idf.il website to prove that? It only proves that you guys are not interested in an open minded, un-biased discussion, but try everything to mute the people who don't share your opinions.

#50     Sep 24, 2003