SEC Probe into 9-11 Israeli connection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Sep 20, 2003.

1. #11     Sep 21, 2003
  2. Insanity. One the hand you've got Pakistan pre-9/11, a seat of hard-line Muslim fundamentalism one step away from nuking India. Then we buy them out and they become our greatest ally and purge the fundamentalists from the area. Then you've got Saudi Arabia, pretending to be our ally but home and funder of our greatest fundamentalism. And, Bush, who fights viciously against Iraq, has many Saudi friends. Now you have some of those in Israel, supposedly one of our greatest allies, profiting from 9-11 blood money. Please tell me they're is one corner of the globe where sanity still rules...

#12     Sep 21, 2003
  3. You forgot that Dubya tried to bribe India with sophisticated nuclear technology to send a few thousand soldiers to Iraq just 2 months ago :(

#13     Sep 21, 2003
  4. Hadn't heard about that one. I guess we're playing both sides of the fence...

#14     Sep 22, 2003
  5. #15     Sep 22, 2003
  6. From the article about Carlyle:

"The group has been able to parlay its political clout into a lucrative buyout practice (in other words, purchasing struggling companies, turning them around, and selling them for huge profits)--everything from defense contractors to telecommunications and aerospace companies. It is a kind of ruthless investing made popular by the movie Wall Street, and any industry that relies heavily on government regulation is fair game for Carlyle's brand of access capitalism. "

Bullshit on two counts...

1) Gordon Gekko played on a level playing field. He did not use government favors in conducting his LBO's. He expediated free market efficiencies. His inside info tactics are permissible under the code of true (Laissez Faire) capitalism.

2) The Carlyle Group is nothing but an ANTI-CAPITALISTIC statist 'Aristocricy of Pull'. To pollute a pure healthy word like 'capitalism' by confusing it with it's polar opposite is as close as you can come in my book to spewing blasphemy.

#16     Sep 22, 2003
  7. Always did, my friend, always did...

#17     Sep 22, 2003
  8. As far as the U.S.S. Liberty, the standard Jewish response would be "You're an anti-Semite for even mentioning that! Everybody knows the USS Liberty was an accident, even the U.S. government said so."....but I'm not the standard Jew.

Here is the massive hole in the logic of the conspiracy theorists: In order to avoid the bad publicity over a pre-emptive attack on massive Arab armies which had stuck tiny Israel twice before,
    Moshe Dayan orders an attack on an American spy vessel, murdering dozens of her crew, in order to smooth things out.

My question is: DO YOU THINK DAYAN WAS FUCKING RETARDED???
    As if launching a military strike against the U.S.A. is going to help Israel's PR? Jesus, unless you sincerely believe that Moshe Dayan was a complete drooling retard, you can't possibly believe that the attack was deliberate.

As far as the U.S. flags, I could rent a boat and fly a Chinese flag. Does that make me Chinese?

#18     Sep 22, 2003
  9. Well, a similar case a little earlier and a few thousand miles more east helped build a case of 'assisted self defense'.

And regarding the flags; that's an interesting thought, didn't consider that before. But I can hardly imagine that 8 fighter pilots can't distinguish an arab vessel from a high-tech NSA boat - more so, since two of them were told to have been, as the article stated, sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Hell, it's to sad chances are near zero that us average people will ever get to know something about the truths, untruths and plain lies surrounding a sunny day in september. Look at Pearl harbor: only recently, <b>official documents disclosed as a result of the freedom of information act</b> proved the US-Government did know of the pending attack. But what's even more interesting: the book author who discovered this justified that reaction, since if the US hadn't stopped the Axis, who else, and as long as they didn't attack the US due to strategic considerations...

Efficient foreign policy has never seriously been driven by ethical considerations in the first place and never will be. It's easy to condemn actions as the last ones from the stance of, let's say family father or student. But from the President's point of view? Christ, I can't even imagine how many people 280.000.000 are, less so how to be responsible for them. No space left for a guilty conscience...

#19     Sep 22, 2003
  10. ***But I can hardly imagine that 8 fighter pilots can't distinguish an arab vessel from a high-tech NSA boat - more so, since two of them were told to have been, as the article stated, sentenced to 18 years in prison.***

It was a SPY ship. Somehow I doubt that high tech spy ships look like high tech spy ships. Also, while it's true that Arab countries are incapable of manufacturing anything resembling quality merchandise, Egypt's military was well supplied with modern Soviet warcraft. I'm no expert, but could a Soviet spy ship look similar to an American one?

As far as the 2 imprisoned pilots....what were their names? I just don't believe everything I read.

But most of all, the big conspiracy plot hole remains: MOTIVE.
    When one is caught shoplifting, one's reaction isn't to murder the cop who witnessed the petty crime, and say "oops it was an accident." That's just plain retarded....and I'm pretty sure Dayan had a three digit IQ.

#20     Sep 22, 2003