SEC looking at new regulations

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by TraDaToR, Feb 7, 2011.

1. the1

the1

Price floors and ceiling on individual stocks? Now that's a novel idea. The US markets become less and less free as the days click by. How sad.

#11     Feb 7, 2011
  2. It is more of a throw the net and get what you catch strategy. My bussiness model will change .... again.... because the bar is moving where ever. The last time I had to change the way I do bussiness was with the NFA forex rule change two times. I am getting ready to to change my geographical location because being held back and unable to compete on a level playing feild with the rest of the world with the same rules and regulations as everybody else. Means I move so that I can operate in "FREE MARKET ECONOMY".

Akuma

#12     Feb 7, 2011
  3. Sec and the fed have lost it. So stupid's fixing stupid? I don't know if I can stomach this. I think the sec has to look at some of their current regulations. They want HFTs to trade more, but anyone with less than 25k to trade less. Guys anyone with this kind of rationale isn't worth our time. This one's beyond me

#13     Feb 7, 2011
  4. As someone already mentioed

SEC is serving self interests and "other" interests but not American traders and investors.

SEC and FED are a relics of past and their time is up 1 month to 10 years from now.

#14     Feb 7, 2011
  5. Does SEC deal with insider trading issues too? What about foreign stocks listed in US? How would they define insider trading for overseas companies if say the CEO instructs someone else to transact large amount of shares before certain news or earnings call?

#15     Feb 8, 2011
  6. There are only 2 ways people are 'consistently' making profits in stock markets.
    1. Front running
    2. Insider trading

SEC cannot prevent insider trading/front running.

#16     Feb 11, 2011