SEC Democrats voted in favor of suing Goldman, Republicans against it

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Daal, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

So I guess you'll be voting for the democraps in November...oh wait... you're a Canadian citizen.

#11     Apr 20, 2010
  2. The old standby, eh, when you run out of arguments. I bet you have more tricks under your sheet than Batman has in his utility belt.

#12     Apr 20, 2010
  3. Ricter

Ricter

#13     Apr 20, 2010
  4. US needs "selective reform" without taking a wrecking ball to the free-market. This BS all started with derivatives and their spawn CDS along with no Glass-Steagall. GS needs to take their medicine. Lehman and Bear are gone. I don't think the current crop of legislators are up to the job on either side.

#14     Apr 20, 2010
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Don't get too excited. In other countries GS could be put to death.

#15     Apr 20, 2010
  6. I think, actually, that the democrats want to appear that they want financial reform.

#16     Apr 20, 2010
  7. And what better way to appear to want it than by instituting it, wouldn't you say?

#17     Apr 20, 2010
  8. fhl

fhl

They want to come down on GS for a billion while at the same time they ignore the half trillion in bogus crap at fnm and fre. Oh, yeah, that's because fnm and fre are their deals. Their fingerprints are all over it.

Here's how The Journal of Business & Economics Research, put it: “In 2003, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprises Oversight (OFHEO) investigated Fannie Mae and found a culture of corruption, arrogance, and pervasive accounting violations in the company. Executives at Fannie Mae cooked books to pocket an extra twenty-seven million dollars in bonuses.”

In order to help sell high-risk home mortgages, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mislabeled these risky mortgages as AAA."

Yeah, right. Let's thank the democrats for looking out for us all. Get those greedy wall streeters. lol

#18     Apr 20, 2010
  9. Mnphats

Mnphats

The Republicans don't support the current bill neither do I. Are you in favor of giving more power to the Fed?

Its written by Dodd, this guy did everything he could to bring down the economy and you support this?

Do you see the difference?

#19     Apr 20, 2010
  10. OTC derivatives should have been re-regulated 20 years ago. Vanila options have done quite well as regulated instruments.

But, someone will say...Oh but that gives the European banks an advantage. I say let them have it...for now. They gots a more to worry about for now. :D

EDIT: And it's unconscionable that the republicans are against this. It simply means that they don't understand the issue.

#20     Apr 20, 2010